cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting in other forums

N/A

Posting in other forums

Why can't PAYG customers actually post in any other forum except for this one.

As an ex-premier user who was with F9 for nearly ten years, and then decided to go to another ISP due to getting my connection at a cheaper rate, I think it's a bit bad when you can continue to contribute on any off the other forums.

Yes we can read them, but can't actually post any new threads, reply to any threads, even the ones we've created.

I want to continue giving help/advice to other users, but now it seems I can't

Is there anyway you can modify my permissions for the forums so I can actually continue to contribute.

Not only that if anyone on a PAYG account does have any problems, they can only post in this particular forum, which by looking at it not many people do post, and not many actually reply either.

regards
Mike
7 REPLIES
N/A

Re: Posting in other forums

Why can't PAYG customers actually post in any other forum except for this one.

As an ex-premier user who was with F9 for nearly ten years, and then decided to go to another ISP due to getting my connection at a cheaper rate, I think it's a bit bad when you can continue to contribute on any off the other forums.

Yes we can read them, but can't actually post any new threads, reply to any threads, even the ones we've created.

I want to continue giving help/advice to other users, but now it seems I can't

Is there anyway you can modify my permissions for the forums so I can actually continue to contribute.

Not only that if anyone on a PAYG account does have any problems, they can only post in this particular forum, which by looking at it not many people do post, and not many actually reply either.

regards
Mike

This is default setting, and requires users on PAYG Plans to request access.

Your Account has been changed.
N/A

Posting in other forums

thanks Jeremy

hopefully can now continue to contribute to the forums

regards
mike
N/A

Posting in other forums

thanks Jeremy

hopefully can now continue to contribute to the forums

regards
mike

No problem. Glad to of been a help.
N/A

Posting in other forums

it seems this has been removed again

any idea why as haven't received an email from f9 about it
N/A

Posting in other forums

it seems this has been removed again

any idea why as haven't received an email from f9 about it

Try Now.
N/A

Posting in other forums

I believe the ability to post to the forums is now controlled by a script in Workplace (Force9's management system) too, so I suspect your privs may continue to be removed if the script runs. I don't think it likes people having more privs than they should have for their account type.
N/A

Posting in other forums

thanks chaps

fair enough point Colin, but I only left F9 Premier for costs

Even when I put in for my mac code, no one asked why I wanted to leave or tried to persuade me to stay, and I had my code within 10 minutes of posting the request

PS I still like to contribute to other forums and help others

regards
mike