cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet - where can I find account specs / features?

N/A

Hi,

My local telephone exchange has just been ADSL activated in the last couple of weeks, and I'm now looking to sign up with a suitable ISP. I have reduce my original list to 2 now (Pipex & PlusNet), but I'm looking for some more info on PlusNet - specifically, detailed information about what is included with the account (I'm interested in the PlusNet BroadBand Home Premier [512k] account).

For example, does it use Dynamic or Static IP? How much webspace? How many emails? Back-up dialup number provided? etc. As an example, Pipex provides the following page:

http://www.solo.pipex.net/xtreme-solutions/solutions-in-detail/
(Sorry about including a competitor's link, this is just to illustrate an example of the sort of thing I'm looking for, hope that's ok!)

I've seen that most other ISPs I have looked at (e.g. NDO, Nildram, etc) provide similar details on their website. But I can't find any equivalent on the PlusNet site - when using any of the "Products & Services" links, it just shows very basic information and prompts me to start an order. Maybe I've missed the appropriate link in the PlusNet website, but if so it's not very obvious to find (to me that is! Cheesy ).

Anyway, if anyone can point me to the account "features / spec list" for PlusNet, I would be very grateful. Smiley

Many thanks.

Kind regards,

Adam.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

For example, does it use Dynamic or Static IP? How much webspace? How many emails? Back-up dialup number provided? etc. As an example, Pipex provides the following page:

http://www.solo.pipex.net/xtreme-solutions/solutions-in-detail/
(Sorry about including a competitor's link, this is just to illustrate an example of the sort of thing I'm looking for, hope that's ok!)

I just wish that PusNet would do the same Cry They seem to have made it very hard to find details of their product at the moment.
However with the home 512 Premier you should get the following features.

250 MB of web space
CGI webspace
Unlimited E mail addresses.
Fax2Email
.co.uk domain hosting and renewal (£1-00 per month)
Anti virus
Anti spam

Hope that helps you with your choice
Community Veteran

To add to that list, you'll get 250MB daily bandwidth to go with your 250MB webspace, a static IP (you can request more than one for no-NAT purposes), the ability to host three domains (purchased seperately) on your webspace, a MySQL database, FrontPage-extension-enabled space, web stats, access to BBCi, and probably other stuff I can't think of atm. :?

Thomas
Community Veteran

Thanks Thomas I had forgotten about some of those that you have added. Smiley
N/A

I chose between Pipex and Plusnet. Went with PlusNet because they're local :p/...and cheaper...and offer more features
jberry
Grafter

I have also raised idea 2747 to look into getting a comparrision page on the portal. It was originally removed because our product set was so complicated it didn't work. Once we have completed the rollout of the CBC based products it shoud be possible to get it back.

Regards,
Community Veteran

I think you need a page detailing the broadband home product features (similar to what you had for the older products), before you complete your business related product changes because it is currently not possible to see at a glance, what features are included.

It can then be extended/modified as product changes occur.