cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet, try implementing this!!

N/A

Apologies in advance for posting this in this forum but I have had my PN account revoked.

DTomlinson has asked "Do Wanadoo have a View My Usage tool, and they have a hard cap? Does every other ISP have a View My Usage tool?"

I know one ISP that has a tool that allows its customers to view usage for a given monthly (billing) period:

"Below is the monthly accounting data records for traffic used by your ADSL connection. This is listed as inbound traffic, ie: data downloaded by you and outbound traffic, ie: data uploaded by you. It is further split into metered and unmetered where unmetered is defined as 1:00am to 6:00am everyday".

So, on a daily basis this particular ISP provides its customers with information to help them manage their ADSL accounts, for example

Date: 10th September
Inbound: 404.0 MBytes
Outbound: 100.3 MBytes
Inbound (unmetered): 40 MBytes
Outbound (unmetered): 11.8 MBytes

Total Metered Use for this month: 504.3 MBytes
Total Unmetered Use for this month: 51.8 MBytes

Total Metered Usage Remaining: 199,735.7 MBytes

So PlusNet, it can be done - how about it!!

Cheers,
PlusNet Refugee No. 007
11 REPLIES
N/A

I think what Dave was saying is that there are other ISPs that do have limits, but don't provide users with the tools to help monitor this, which is true.

He didn't say there was none.

And to be fair, they have already said, one such tool is in development.

With regards to yoru account. If you have cancelled, then it has not been revoked. Cancelling or downgrading (if you cancel and request PAYG Dial), then the forum permissions that apply to these account types are in force.
N/A

Philip, yes, you are right that Dave hasn't suggested there no ISPs that provide VMU tools.

However, this particular ISP not only provides a VMU tool but also also specifies what the off-peak times are!!

This approach to Customer Service is perhaps something that PlusNet should aspire.

Kind regards. Wink
N/A

Lemme guess... F2S?
N/A

Lemme guess... F2S?

I couldn't possibly comment.. Wink
N/A

Tut tut Dave to use Wanadoo as an example as we both know your ties with them :0(
Community Veteran

Arrrgh me heatry I know of no link between them bilge rats and thy fine Admiral David Tomlinson arrr yeself would be grateful if thyself could enlighten ye arrr
N/A

From memory Dave used to work for another isp. Perhaps it was Wanadoo.

Methinks, burny, by his tone, has perhaps, not enjoyed his time with Plus Net Wink
Community Veteran

Arrr thy first mate Mark, thy tis always full of thy useful knowledge. I concur about th other ISP, maybe thy admiral himself would like to pop by?
LiamM
Grafter

I think it was Freeserve whilst he was there.
Community Veteran

So it was what is now wanadoo soon to be orange?
N/A

I think it was Freeserve whilst he was there

True Liam.