cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus or Premier

N/A

Plus or Premier

Hi All
I am currently looking at changing broadband providers, at present i am cabled with NTL for BB and phone so the first step is to reinstate my BT line.
Reading through the forum there appears to be several posts complaining about the plus service and download/usage problems, is this just a problem with plus or does it affect Premier as well?
I have 4 PC's in the house all with internet access which are used for online games, p2p,surfing ect. so usage can be quite heavy at most times of the day and particulary at night.
Will Premier meet my needs, can i expect constant down/upload speeds? don't want the kids stamping on the floor when their games are lagging.
I also have a wired/wireless system through a router which my cable modem is plugged into, do adsl modems work the same way (providing i get the rj45 version of course)?

Barry
1 REPLY
N/A

Re: Plus or Premier

Hi All
I am currently looking at changing broadband providers, at present i am cabled with NTL for BB and phone so the first step is to reinstate my BT line.
Reading through the forum there appears to be several posts complaining about the plus service and download/usage problems, is this just a problem with plus or does it affect Premier as well?
I have 4 PC's in the house all with internet access which are used for online games, p2p,surfing ect. so usage can be quite heavy at most times of the day and particulary at night.
Will Premier meet my needs, can i expect constant down/upload speeds? don't want the kids stamping on the floor when their games are lagging.
I also have a wired/wireless system through a router which my cable modem is plugged into, do adsl modems work the same way (providing i get the rj45 version of course)?

Barry

Hello Barry,

And welcome to the PN forums. Indeed you have seen a few people express their anger in the forums.
To answer your question IMO I would say that BB+ is definately out of the window for you. I would lean more for premier regarding your kind of requirements.
BB+ is designed for standard users only who wish to merely browse the net and send emails and the likes. It is not designed for P2P, USENET and so forth.
Premier on the other hand would more serve your purpose and be what you are looking for. However please do make sure you read the SUP http://www.plus.net/support/features/sustainable_usage_guide.shtml as there is a guide on sustainable amounts of usage per customer which PN have outlined.
For the most part this does not pose a problem for many but for a few this seems to be a massive issue and have hence forth expressed this in a very open way (on the forums).
If you do require LARGE amounts of bandwidth then may I suggest looking at a business account as these do not adhear to the SUP and are not bound by them.

Regards,