cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus Net Premiere / Pipex

N/A

Hi all, I have been with Pipex for a few years now and have found them really good but as most people always want a bigger faster connection.

I am currently paying £23.99 for Pipex 512kb unlimited 50:1 contention (Meant to be getting upgraded to 1mb unlimited next month)

My friend pointed me in the direction of Plus net and the £21.99 2mb unlimited connection is really inviting. But I would really like to get some more information here from the guys who know more.

Here are a few questions/concerns I have that I would liked answered if possible.

1. Is it a true unlimited connection? (I use p2p a lot & games, I have 2/3 machines on 24/7 I probably use about 85-90GB a month) Does anyone know exactly what Plus Net's fair use policy is with regards to unlimited connection?

2. With the Premiere package at peak times will my p2p and other online activities suffer? If so by how much?

3. 2mb Premiere package speeds? Peak time and not peak time?

4. Plus net boasts a 30:1 contention from its internal network, the BT exchange is 50:1 so does this mean that there is no real difference?

Uhm I think that’s about it, if anyone can answer also this that would be great: P.S if you can think of anything else that I should know then please comment as well, I may have forgotten something - Thanks!
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Re: Plus Net Premiere / Pipex

1. Is it a true unlimited connection? (I use p2p a lot & games, I have 2/3 machines on 24/7 I probably use about 85-90GB a month) Does anyone know exactly what Plus Net's fair use policy is with regards to unlimited connection?

As long as you don't use the sevice to the detiriation of others (You should be o.k at 85-90GB a month PN have scrapped fair usage.

2. With the Premiere package at peak times will my p2p and other online activities suffer? If so by how much?

No

3. 2mb Premiere package speeds? Peak time and not peak time?

Speeds don't alter with time also there is no official on and off peak now as it changes with usage.

4. Plus net boasts a 30:1 contention from its internal network, the BT exchange is 50:1 so does this mean that there is no real difference?

Guess not, don't know.

Hope this Helps!
N/A

Dude thanks so much! I am defiantly going to be changing to Plus net once my subscription runs out at Pipex, your answers are perfect and within ten minute of my posting - thanks big time!