cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Express 6

N/A

Outlook Express 6

I'm having a problem 90% of the time deleting emails from only one of my addresses. I have several mailboxes that share the same @bit, these work fine. I get a "cannot delete" message or "cannot display delete folder" Does anybody out there know how I can fix this before I end up with '000s of unwanted emails as Outlook seems to be beyond normal 'help' techniques. Ta Mike.
3 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Outlook Express 6

Hi,

Is this in a seperate identity in Outlook. In which case one of your DBX files could be set as read only.
Trying searching for *.dbx and checking the properties for read only.
If not, do you have the exact error message?
N/A

Outlook

Hi

Most *.DBX folders are checked 'Archive'. I have three folders that have no check at all and a whole bunch where the properties cannot even be pulled up to inspect. Is it that I should 'check' as Archive where I can inspect Properties?

Most often when 'deleting' a highlighted email no action or message happens at all OR on a good day the timer hangs for up to 5 minutes before the delete kicks in!

With an open email there is either no action as above or we get a message that reads ' The message could not be deleted [OK}'

This syndrome is unique to one of three identities and then to one of three mailboxes.

One of life's mysteries or what?

Any more thoughts? Rgds Mike
N/A

Re Lock Out from Everything Internet

FAO: Johnny
This was my first ever query which I managed to tip into the wrong section. I'm not a 'Guest' and I thought it better to try again to put my query where it belongs as 'Everything Internet'

I've had only one reply to the original posting - so what's so wrong with another try in the correct area where it might attract more informed replies.My probelm is now weeks old and will still be with me in weeks to come so will I be frozen out when I retry? Rgds Mike