cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nearly signed

N/A

Nearly signed

Was seriously considering signing up with Plus- net,but the amount of complaints about the T&C chopping and changing,and the fact it takes FIVE years to eliminate the cost of the activation fee(a bit excessive I feel),I will now be looking elsewher

FIVE YEARS,your 'avin a larf'
8 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Nearly signed

It's fair in my opinion. For the price, Plusnet provide superb service and a superb product. They're not tieing you in for 5 years as such, but just offering you a way to defer activation over that period.
Community Veteran

Nearly signed

Liam, whilst I agree it is fair, I would much sooner see a easystart style product where you pay a few pounds extra per month ;-)

Although at least if you stay for five years on PN the modem and activation is truly free!
N/A

Nearly signed

It's fair in my opinion. For the price, Plusnet provide superb service and a superb product.

thats not ture though
Community Veteran

Nearly signed

It depends on your veiwpoint. If you are a heavy downloader (>100GB/month) then no it is not a superb service because it was not designed to be used that much. However for many it is. Anyhow £21.99 a month for some of the comedy that goes on here can't be a bad price :razz:
LiamM
Grafter

Nearly signed

As Dan says, It depends entirely on opinion.

If you are leeching over 100Gb/month then you can't really expect any ISP charging you less than £22/month to be able to sustain your usage in my opinion.

If you are an average consumer, or indeed an above average consumer in terms of usage, I haven't had any problems with PN. My average usage is 50Gb/month and I consider that fairly heavy.

You have to be an extremely heavy user, in my opinion to be able to expect to download over 100Gb through the network in a month. That simply cannot be sustained by any ISP within this consumer price range.

I agree with Dan that an Easystart product would be welcome here, but given the three different products Plusnet do (PAYG, Plus, Premier) it would be difficult to have an Easystart in each variety.

Perhaps a method of allowing the customer to pay for activation and modem over an interest free period of 12 months would work out better? This could be raised as an idea. For example, just adding on £2/month for the first 12, whichever package you signup to would cover the activation charge. This might go down well.
N/A

Nearly signed

Only a few years ago, I gotta free BB modem, and free BB line activation, from BT, and I only had to stay with them for a year.

Admittedly at that time it was 27.99 a month for initially a 512 connection, but back then most other ISP's including +net were charging similar. Those that were drastically underpricing soon went to the wall, or were swallowed up by other suppliers.

With the speed that the BB market is developing, and the intense competition between suppliers, I personally would not sign up with anyone for longer than 1year.
N/A

Re: Nearly signed

FIVE YEARS,your 'avin a larf'

While £21.99 is a great price for BB and for that sort of money, like Liam says you can't expect an ISP to shoulder more than 100GB downloaded.

However I do agree that 5 years is over the top, it's way too long a time to expect anyone to be commited to a contract with an ISP. I really feel PN could have done a lot better with this. It's advertised in a loyalty way, and loyalty needs to be earned not paid for.
N/A

Nearly signed

If they are great products, whis Premiere so badly shaped?