cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name used on free webspace address

N/A

In the next few weeks (when my exchange is enabled) I intend signing up for the Premier broadband account. I have a couple of questions before I sign up, if someone would be so kind as to enlighten me.

Am I correct in thinking that if I signed up with a User Name - for example:

tobys-home

The web address for my free webspace would be:

http://www.tobys-home.plus.com

My e-mail address would be (if I wanted the e-mail to go to John for example):

john@tobys-home.plus.com :?:

The other question I have is - I have paid for a domain name & have a small website under that domain. Sadly it appears as if the server has closed down as the server has been down several days & all my e-mails to them are not answered, their main website has also gone, in fact they appear to have disappeared off the face of the Earth. Sad

Would I be able to transfer this domain name over so I can use it with my free webspace (even though the original server that hosts it cannot be contacted) if so what would the charges be?

Thank you very much in advance Smiley
6 REPLIES
slev
Grafter

HI

Yes you are correct with your user name not sure about having a - in it though,

You can host upto 5 domains free on a Premier Account, so when you signup just change the name servers to Plusnet's

Kind Regards

Ian
N/A

Thanks for your reply @slevgb

I'm presuming the - in the User Name can be used as it's an acceptable character in a web address ?

re: Domain name

Would I still be able to use my own domain as described above as it's already registered to a different server, even though there appears to be no-way I can contact them?
craigbrass
Grafter

As far as I know, you can use a dash in your username. It will tell you otherwise on the signup wizard if you can't.

As far as the domain goes, what is the domain? I may be able to assist you in getting it pointed where you want.
N/A

Cheers @flashasp

The domain is www.joes--place.net although I will not be able to register with plusnet for 3 weeks until my exchange is enabled

Be grateful if you could see if it's possible
craigbrass
Grafter

Edit: Oooops, looks like that was "guest's" number I just posted as advised in PM from him. As this is you, you should be able to login to WWW.DOTREGISTRAR.COM with your details or use forgot password.
N/A

Thanks @flashasp you had me panicking there for a minute :mrgreen: Shockedops: thanks very much for your help, I shall do as you suggest Wink