cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly transfer limit / increasing

N/A

As a prospective customer of plusnet i am not too sure how much i am likely to download in a month. If i start with the 1 gb limit & find i am using more can i increase at a later date at no cost? Also, can i pay by direct debit or do i have to use a credit card for payment? :?:

Thanks in advance.

P.S. - the quick replies & support i have received from recent posts is superb & has contributed to my decision to join the world of plusnet within the next couple of weeks! Cheesy

Thanks again.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

The limits on the lite account are called soft limits. This means you can go over but you just pay additional fees per extra GB used.

So you have 2 options. Just pay the additional fees or elect to upgrade to the next inclusive bandwidth product.

The fees for each additional GB above your limit is £1.90/£2.00/£2.10 for 512K/1Mb/2Mb.

To upgrade to the next inclusive limit product costs £1.50/£1.75/£2.00 for 512K/1Mb/2Mb

So it's your choice which to do. The upgrade to a higher inclusive limit is free but you can only do one change every 30 days.

See ADSL Upgrade Guide.

[Moderators note by Thomas (kuglin): Double post removed for you.]
N/A

Thanks Peter,

how do you know how much of your monthly limit you have used, is there a link to go to that details this info?

Richard
Community Veteran

You can check your current usage on the portal via connections settings -> view my usage.

You also get an email each time you exceed your quota.
lowry
Grafter

It is possible to use the "View my Broadband Usage" tool to view your usage each month. There have been problems with VMBU recently, but it is pretty reliable. As far as I am aware PlusNet use a different system internally to actually calculate the bill and so any inaccuracies in VMBU should not affect it, however I am not entirely sure.

Hopefully you'll be a member of PlusNet soon - good luck! Smiley
matt Wink