cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly or 12mth Package

N/A

Monthly or 12mth Package

Hi All,whats the advantages of a 12mth contract over a monthly contract?Reading some of posts on forum thinking of trying 'plus' first then moving to 'premier' if i need to,but cannot make my mind up about the above?At present on 'dial up'(not plusnet)not had BB before or contract,so a bit wary allround!!Any advise would be appreciated.
Bob
ps got a BB modem
9 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Monthly or 12mth Package

Hi

According to the features list , they're all monthly contracts for new subscribers now.

If you take up the offer of free connection, you'll have to pay some of it back if you don't stay with Plusnet for 5 years.

And if you've already got a broadband modem, you can sign up and say that you don't want any hardware from Plusnet.
N/A

Plusnet

Hi Cheers,looks like i'll sign up to 'Plus' at first.How long approx do you think it will take me to get online with BB?
Bob
Community Veteran

Monthly or 12mth Package

If I remember correctly it's about 7-10 days for activation, but this is delayed if you pay the first payment using direct debit as opposed to a credit/debit card.
N/A

About paying back if you don't stay

Hello there everyone,
Does that still apply if you are doing the monthly contract and paying that 11.75 fee as well?

Thanks in advance
Richard Williams
N/A

Monthly or 12mth Package

If you mean the speed of connection, yes it should be that fast.
But there is no real guarantee, as BT are involved.
One thing that you can be confident of though, is that nobody would have got you connected any faster than Plusnet could.

Cool
N/A

Monthly or 12mth Package

ooops I am sorry I probably should have said the whole question, I thought the subject would have come out on the message too.

What I meant to ask was if I go for a monthly contract and pay that 11.75 fee, and I opt for the free setup does that mean I have to pay a cancellation fee if I leave within 5 years?

Thanks very much again
Regards
Richard Williams
N/A

Monthly or 12mth Package

Yes, unfortunatley the cancellation charge would still apply.

Want the detail? ‘You stay we pay’ explained.
For every year you stay with PlusNet we’ll guarantee that the cancellation cost decreases. What does this mean? If you cancel within the first year, then you will pay £58.75 for the activation. For every year you stay we’ll reduce this by £11.75. If you also choose to take a modem as part of the offer there will be an additional cancellation fee of £25 in the first year and this will reduce by £5 for each year that you stay.

You can choose an annual or monthly contract when you choose broadband. If you choose the monthly contract option in conjunction with this offer there is a one-off charge of £11.75.

Prices correct at time of publication

The only way to ensure that you would have no extra cancellation charge would be to opt to pay the full £70.50 connection charge, (based on a monthly contract)
The downside from this is that you pay the full charge yourself.
If you go on the monthly contract with the one off £11.75 (again for the monthly contract) Plusnet will reduce your cancellation charge in line with the above.

So to summarise;
The only way you will get free activation is to stay with PN for 5years.
You can pay the full activation up front yourself, and know that it has been and gone.
You can opt to pay the connection charge at the end of your time with PN, with the figure to pay reducing the longer you stay with PN. (and being 0 after 5years)

Hope this helps - post again if you need more info.
MysteryFCM
Grafter

Monthly or 12mth Package

Just to answer your original Q, monthly contracts have the advantage over their yearly counterparts as it means you are not tied to a particular ISP for x number of months and thus, should you decide to leave them, you may do so without problems and without paying the ISP the x amount of months you have left (almost all of the other ISP's I have been with/heard of, require 12 month contracts and should you decide to leave, you are required to pay them the remainder of your contract to do so).
N/A

Monthly or 12mth Package

Thanks very much for your help people.

Regards
Richard Williams