cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Question

N/A

Migration Question

I am leaving my present provider Pipex, around the 7th of May, I have a mac code. The Broadband Plus package at £14.99 fits my needs as I’m not a big downloader. The question I have is that I believe that a migration takes around 7-10 days, which could take me past my contract with Pipex, meaning I have no supplier when the migration is implemented. The loss of a few days connection is of no concern, but if it counts as a new connection I believe I would have to pay an extra £5.50 a month and if I’ve read it right lock me into an annual contract? Or is the start of the migration process the only thing that is considered?

To add to the confusion with an announcement due on the 28th I’m tempted to hang on to see if I would be affected as I would hate to find major changes to my disadvantage before I was even connected.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Migration Question

It's new activations that take 7 -> 10 days. Migrations usually take 5 -> 7 days. Also a MAC code is valid for 30 days from being issued.

Are you sure your ADSL will be cut off on the 7th by your current ISP? The issuing of a MAC code should not cause disconnections unless it is actually used but as I don't know how Pipex work you will have to contact them, explain what you want to do (wait) and see what they say you need to due to ensure you are not disconnected prematurely.

Waiting until the 28th may mean you miss your 7th May deadline though. It's unfortunate but I would suggest you wait and see what happens on the 28th then make a decision based on all the facts available at that time. It may involve an additional payment to your current ISP but may be worth it in the long run.
N/A

Migration Question

In the same boat here.

I,m on a 2mb speed any gb monthly contract with my isp,if i migrate 2 +net premier at £21.99 wires only ,are there any additional costs on top for going monthly contract.

Also is it true that if say 2 months down the line im not happy with +net[ask for mac key +give them 1 months notice],I would get hit with a fee?.

Off how much would this fee be, and what exactly is the fee for.[AS says free migration]?.

Also if on premier 2mb account,and my exchange can start getting the 8mb speed [would this be free upgrade as package costs would now be higher priced ?].
csogilvie
Grafter

Migration Question

IAlso is it true that if say 2 months down the line im not happy with +net[ask for mac key +give them 1 months notice],I would get hit with a fee?.

Off how much would this fee be, and what exactly is the fee for.[AS says free migration]?.

http://www.plus.net/info2/move_broadband/terms.html - £14.99
N/A

Migration Question

Thanks colin,

for answering part of my question?

So in reality if i go on a monthly contract with plus-net.im realy in a 12 month contract .?.
If you cancel your service before the end of the 12-month minimum period, a moving fee of £14.99 (inc. VAT) will apply, in addition to any other fees that may be payable.unquote.