cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maybe coming back

N/A

Maybe coming back

Ok, so I might be coming back, but before i do, I want to know if the speeds have been sorted yet?

I would love to come back here, but the only problem is speeds, before I left, I was getting a faster upload than I was download, and I know it was the PN side, because once I moved it went back to normal, or better even.

The reason for coming back is, surprise surprise, my non pc look on things, I brought up the subject of Prince Harry, and didnt count on the fact that the MD of the ISP I went with was a royalist.
19 REPLIES
N/A

Maybe coming back

Hmm, let me think, you say you caused a stir debating current affairs/state of the nation.

Two guesses, either Robynfali, or Gpattison (I bet Rob, am I close?) :lol:

Seriously though, the BBYW products seem far better than previous offerings in terms of speeds, but as with anything, buyer beware - make sure the package fits your useage.
N/A

Maybe coming back

LMAO!!

HEEEY good to see you mate :lol: :lol: , and yeah good guess, I did forget to put the name in, yeah my verbal diahroea strikes again.

I just put a post up about the prince harry thing, someone else didnt like it, and the post was locked. Not like here where its locked with an explantion or pm, just LOCKED!!
N/A

Maybe coming back

btw....whats the fup on the free overnight useage these days, is it still around 100gb for off peak before you get warned?
N/A

Maybe coming back

It'd be great to have some lively debate again - and Geoff hasn't ruled out joining us again (He left IDNet after a falling out in their forums over his posting style - power crazy mods huh!)

I'm happy enough here that I just signed up two colleagues this afternoon, and I have another couple of folks to bring in over the next few weeks.

Then again, I don't use email, now do much with my webspace, so if my connection works, most things pass me by.

Have a snoop around in the PUG forums over at http://usergroup.plus.net/forum - a reasonable place for honest feedback.
N/A

Maybe coming back

btw....whats the fup on the free overnight useage these days, is it still around 100gb for off peak before you get warned?

Erm, I think so.

AFAIK there are some users still downloading around that amount some months without getting the finger wagged.

P'raps one of the Comms team could clear that question up.
Community Veteran

Maybe coming back

Hi robynfali

http://www.kitz.co.uk has done a great comparison, but I can not find it at present.

Chilly
N/A

Maybe coming back

no worries mate.

And yeah, the actual post was perfectly acceptable, no swearing, no threats, no politically incorrect statements (ITS TRUE I SWEAR!! :lol: :lol: )

HOWEVER, the second post that enquired about the first one, left a lot to be desired!, purely because it was locked without reason
Community Veteran

Maybe coming back

N/A

Maybe coming back

ta mate

btw...did bt ever buy plusnet, if so what effect has that had?
N/A

Maybe coming back

Yes they bought them. Apparently they've invested lots of money in them and this is being used to overcome problems with previous under-investment.

Coming back here I can't say it looks like much has changed... not significantly anyway.
N/A

Maybe coming back

well, still the same ole' crew around so thats a GOOD thing.

I am looking here
BT Broadband (I HATE THAT MODEM WITH A PASSION)
And ADSL24 who are another Entanet reseller, and currently rated very highly
Community Veteran

Maybe coming back

come back here - if only for us lot Tongue

Seriously though a lot has changed since you left:

PN have added more central capacity and speeds

Most stuff is running a lot more stable

CS has vastly improved, ticket backlogs have gone, call times are reasonable

At 17/05/2007 18:53:30, there were 9 calls waiting, with the longest wait being 00:11:17 and the average answer time being 00:05:37

The forums are a nice place to be again (although you might wanna avoid the spam threads Tongue )

We've got a new set of forums in beta testing - http://community.plus.net

In fact the only bad things I can think of are

More mod(s) have been poached (I can't remember when you left, but as well as Phil (acarr) PN now have Liam (martinfamily), Mark (pcsni) and Colin (csogilivie as well :roll: )

Chris is stepping down from modding, leaving only John from the original mods

The recent spam problem...

but yeh, it would be great to have one of the old hands return Smiley
N/A

Maybe coming back

It is getting fair consideration mate. You all know me, and know I was always a little near the knuckle, with the occasional pm for getting out of hand. Which is fair enough, at least there was an explantion. Its a great pity, my speeds with my current ISP are fantastic, as well as the bandwidth allowed, but I can't stay on principle of being able to talk about what i want (yes within reason) without it being censored. I have had loads of private messages telling me off about the second thread, and yes ok I could have handled that better, but i do strongly believe that people should be able to say what they want without it getting censored as long as the discussion remains calm.

Anyway, this is top of the list at the moment, cheers for the welcome as well guys!
Liam
Grafter

Maybe coming back

Just to confirm, there are plenty of customers downloading lots more than those figures you quote in the overnight period. The only difference with the Your Way products is that the peak time has shifted to 8am - Midnight (though the usage allowances have increased).

Would be good to see you back, robynfali. I don't think you've been around since Mark, Colin and I all shifted to the other side? :-)

... and with regards to our new owners. It gives us a lot more freedom and flexibility to improve our service for customers. We have a new CEO too (don't worry, though, he's a Plusnetter through and through!)

Apart from the Webmail incident this week (which really is such an upsetting snag!) it's mainly good stuff going on here