cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lousy service - 7 days disconnected so far

N/A

It seems that I am not alone and the lousy service I have experienced seems to be widespead.
I changed telephone lines a week ago and still have not been reconnected. Not only that but you spend up to 20 minutes wating on the phone every time you call, and then only to receive news that there is no news.
Plusnet never replies, you always have to contact them.
From the forum this seems to be a common problem, has anybody had good service ?

Cry
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

IF BT drag thier feet PN can't do much - I have said on many occaisions though updates to the tickets even just say there is no news would be a great idea...
N/A

Ongoing lousy service

Thank you for your automated reply and the slightly more succinct human response telling me to get lost for another week.

As previously commented, your support service stinks. To get through on the phone takes 20mins or more. Your responses are at best condesending and yet I am the customer, who is about to vote with his feet.

Why did you disconnect my service without checking the new line first - no response.

Why do you never answer specific questios - no response.
Why does it take so long to get replies from you - no response.
Why do you keep blaming others for your own inadequacies - no response, soory you blame BT.

Get your act together and kindly provide a midicum of service - remeber it is me who is paying you, not the other way around.

Regards
Community Veteran

njrennie,

Daniel (who replied to your post) doesn't work for PlusNet. You've posted in a public forum where you will get a response from a very real customer who can only do so much to help you. If you want a direct response from PlusNet you should raise a contact us ticket or phone them.

Chris
N/A

you`re moaning about 7 days! ive been disconnected for over a month now!

I`m fed up. plusnet and or BT are taking ages. i get those fault contact ticket notices, i`ve rung numerous times, ive had enough, but i need the service for the next month thats all, i dont want to pay the disconnection fee and signup with someone else. would be to much hassle. im gonna stick with pipex in future who ive had no hassles. faults have been sorted in a couple days.

a month and a week is ridiculus, plus i paid the 52.99 which i somehow have to claim back from BT!

Evil
N/A

Dear Discbox - you have my commisserations. In fact it took nearly 3 months before I finally managed to escape the claws of Plusnet, and in the end I still had to pay them for service I never received.
I would suggest you do the following:
1. Report them to OFCOM - they are still investigating my case and are being very helpful.
2. Cancel all payments to PLusnet. They operate a nasty little scam whereby you cannot cancel the credit card payments, however if you send all your documentation to the credit card company they will cancel or at least you can reclaim later.
3. In the last respot take them to the Small Claims Court. I might still do this. but am awaiting the OFCOM report.

No doubt they will scrub this, but I hope you manage to read it first.

Good luck.
N/A

guest, yea i plan to do all that, just drafting the letters. i think the fault in my case mainly lies with BT. its so damn frustrating, considering ive lost business, and been unable to complete my dissertation to my fullest capacity.

i know however, i`ll never work for plusnet or BT, in future, might just buy them one day and revamp their service.

Evil
Community Veteran

Hi Guys,

As per this forum's description -

This forum is for 'free' PAYG Dialup account holders and prospective customers to discuss the service and ask questions for help/advice. Please bear in mind the forum rules. Subscription account holders should use an alternative forum.

Diskbox, if you still have anything to discuss please start a new topic in Community Support where you are more likely to get help from other users and PlusNet staff.

Guest, this forum is designed for prospective customers to discuss the service, not for ex customers. If you are an ex customer please take your issues to another arena such as www.ADSLGuide.org or www.PlusNetters.co.uk

Chris