cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking To Move from Pipex - just a few quick questions

N/A

I have just been looking at the different broadband options available to me and plusnet has caught my eye. The premier package at 21.99 seems really good value (almost too good to be true) as i am currently paying 23.44 for a lmbps unlimited connection. I know that the plusnet packages are not unlimited but for what i do (couple hours surfing and streaming radio) would the premier package be suitable. Can someone please just reassure me that the price is not too good to be true.

Regards.
8 REPLIES
N/A

Sorry, just to add, are the packages that are currently being advertised likely to change soon - price / bandwidth etc.

Thanks
N/A

This is a fast changing market and as such nothing is set in stone.
However i cant see the current pricing changing much for a while. I would doubt that it will rise, that's not how Plus Net operate.

As for suitability to your needs, the premier product is super and gives you that bit of flexibility, if your usage is quite low then payg may be an option.

Get your mac and migrate in. For residential broadband you will find Plus net hard to beat.

They have a few issues, as can be seen from the forums but overall for home use they are fine.

Hopefully we can welcome you aboard soon.
Community Veteran

As long as you don't do much P2P or want to access binary newsgroups, the broadband plus upto 2Mbs for £14.99 may also meet your requirements and is cheaper again. This product puts a higher prority on web and email and reduces the priority (and thus reduces the throughput) on P2P & binary newsfeeds during busy periods.
N/A

Excuse the ignorance, but what exactly is p2p - since i do not know, i probably do not do it! I noticed that the plus offers 4mb at 24.99 a month - does anyone know when the trial for 4mb will start? The main reason i figured that the premier may be better was because of the internet radio streaming ( i believe the stream is 128kbps and i probably stream ~ 2hrs a day; this is not going to affect the fair usage deal will it?)

Thanks again.
Community Veteran

P2P stands for peer to peer connections or more commonly called filesharing.

4Mb speed are unlilely to appear before the high speed trial completes in Sept and even then is subject to your line actually supporting the higher speeds.

There is no fair usage anymore, it was scrapped a few weeks ago. In any case broadband plus does not have any limits as such anyway.

A 128Kbs streaming feed for ~ 2 hours is only 120Megs/day and is nothing to worry about.
N/A

Thanks for all the advice. I have already requested my mac code so i will be joining plusnet hopefully by the end of the week!
N/A

Sorry final question! I have just been reading through a few of the previous topics and i see a few people mention a 30GB cap but that is from quite a while ago, am i right in thinking that that has been abolished?

Thanks again Wink
Community Veteran

Yes.

And when you migrate, make sure you sign up for a monthly contract.