cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked threads

N/A

Locked threads

LOL!!

I see the "Goodbye Plusnet" thread has been locked because "it is serving no good purpose"

How can you justify that? If I was a prospective PlusNet customer (as I once was), I would come here to get an opinion of the service and would see what the general feeling of users was. The locked thread shows that feeling.

Before you counter that we are a minority; if that is the case, where are all the posts championing PlusNets service? Surely our dissatisfied voice would be drowned out by the many satisfied users?

The thread was locked because it encourages new users to look elsewhere and that, my friend, makes you unfit to be a moderator. You are PlusNet Forum Police.

Not only do we get caps on our service, we now have it on our free speech also.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Locked threads

tripitaka,

Please refer to the FAQ linked in my signature on what to do if you have a complaint or comment about the actions of the moderators. The thread is still visable for other prospective users to read.

The thread was locked because it encourages new users to look elsewhere and that, my friend, makes you unfit to be a moderator.

Comments like this are uncalled for and if you find yourself unable to resist from posting comments like this then please avoid posting in the forums.

These forums are not designed for free speach and venting of anger. They are here for help, support and constructive feedback.

Chris
N/A

Locked threads

t
These forums are not designed for free speach and venting of anger. They are here for help, support and constructive feedback.

Chris

Providing that anger is not vented at +net or the forum.
N/A

Locked threads

These forums are not designed for free speach .
Chris

Since when have the moderators of a forum had the power to suppress the basic rights of the people of a country, I always thought that free speech (note correct spelling) was one of the things that all people are allowed in this country, and that we are not in a dictatorship, that quote will make for interesting reading in other forums.
Community Veteran

Locked threads

cajef,

If you are going to quote me I'd think you would at least expand on it and quote the whole thread. Of course we are not trying to suppress free speech but at the end of the day this forum is for support and feedback inline with the rules of the forum.

Chris
Community Veteran

Locked threads

Chris, I know what you are getting at, but I have to say as sson as I saw the words "these forums are not designed for free speach" I knew someone would pick up on it ;-) :roll:
LiamM
Grafter

Locked threads

And who says we're taking away the basic rights of free speech away.

There are limts as to what is and isn't acceptable with everyone. Yes, I should be able to say what I want, but if I start mouthing off 24/7 in the middle of some town then I'm going to get thrown in a cell for breaching the peace.

I'd hardly say we're taking away your basic rights by trying to promote constructive discussion on the boards. You have to be a sad person to take these forums so seriously that you think that is the case.
Community Veteran

Locked threads

Indeed Liam, isn't it kinda obvious that if you want to speak freely about your ISP the ISP's website isn't exactly the bes place to do it as they are able to censor you v. easily.

However, I think it's blatently obvious that freedom of speech is allowed to take place here even if the medium was not designed for it otherwise there wouldn't be a single moaning thread and these forums would be very quiet.

Personally I think the whole freedom of speech thing was just a bad choice of words by Chris...