cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving NTL, considering Plusnet - couple of queries!

N/A

Dear all,
I hope you can help me. I was with NTL Freedom, and thankfully have now come to the end of my contract.
I am considering the Connect Start unmetered add-on. I already have the bt line. Can anyone tell me if there are any other hidden costs apart from the £4.99 a month?
Can someone also please let me know how long the contract would be, and what, if any, cancellation charges will be?
My contract ends at the end of September with NTL, is there anyway that I can order it to start once the NTL finishes? Or do I have to wait and then apply?
Thanks,
Ally Deacon Smiley
3 REPLIES
jberry
Grafter

Hi Ally,

There are no hidden costs with the account, you will simply pay the £4.99 and nothing else. There is no contract period as such with the Connect accounts, the only related condition is that we require you to give us 30 days notice in order to cancel - there is also no cancellation charges associated.

You cannot pre-order as the account will activate immediately so you would need to signup a couple of days before your NTL contract ends (you need to sign up online). If you are going to pay by direct debot then give it a few more days as it takes 3-5 working days to set up and you account will not be usable until the DDI has been set up.

Regards,
N/A

Hi Josh,
Thanks a lot for the reply! Can I also ask what happens if you go over your allowed time a week? Does it get metered? Because although we use the internet rather sporadically, some weeks we may use it a lot....
If it does go into metered, can you tell me please what the cost would be?
From looking at the site it says it would then recommend the next one up, however if we usually stay within the limits, this package would be better....
Thanks again,
Ally
jberry
Grafter

Hi there,

The policing process works on a "three strikes and you are out policy". So, if you go over, rather than not being able to use the account, you would receive an e-mail saying you have gone over and you would move to worning level 1. This continues, and when you reach warning level 3 we ask you to upgrade to the next package (in your case the connect lite).

If you do not go over your limit for 30 days then your warning level is reset back to 0.

You also have the option of using 0845 if you want, which will be charged at the same rate as a local phonecall (whatever that is with your phone provider).

Regards,