cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anybody out there??

N/A

:?: Hi,
Just wanted to make a post in the hope that one of those non automated customer support team members might get back to me.
I tried to order my broadband with you on the 2nd of this month having recently move back to the UK. After waiting 5 working days for my modem to arrive I got that feeling that all was not right with the world. I blagged the use of a friends connection to see if I might get the help number off the homepage just to make sure that my modem was on the way and it must just be a postal problem.When I got the home page up I saw the members area link and thought what the hell and tried my perequested user name and pass word. SURPRISE SUPRISE it worked. After a bit of poking around I found the page (order status) that informed me that there was a payment problem.........
OK that could be true given the sometime problems card payments will cause when the address isn't the same as the card and all that or the DD set up with my bank. All my fault an am am sorry for that programe that had to send me an automatic message to tell me there was a problem.
Then a strange notion hit me!!!
If there was a payment problem surly they would have tried to contact me. This is buisness after all, and you don't let willing customers just go off and find an other supplier.
So I tried my plus-net web mail and there was 6 or 7 e-mails telling me that there was a problem with me details and until is was sorted out no broad band for me.
Does any one else see the problem hereHuh
Or is it just meHuh?
I then posted a ticket asking someone to call me and we would sort it out one the phone. I would have phoned them except there phones where down and I didn't feel I shoud be the one bending over backwards to sort this out. I didn't get any thing back, not even and automated message. (at that I was suprised)
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

If you want this progressed then I'm afraid you will have to make the next move and ring support - the phone are working again now.

PN have tried to contact you via their official method (your postmaster email address) to explain the problem and you then have to contact them to get things resolved.
N/A

So there is some one out there!
Thanks for getting back to me Peter.
I know that if I contact you on the support line the issue can be cleared up, but thats not the point I was making.
Who should I contact to point out this strange catch-22?
Or does plus-net not see it as a problem?

"PN have tried to contact you via their official method (your postmaster email address) to explain the problem and you then have to contact them to get things resolved."

I was not aware that I had an official plus-net e-mail account at the time.

p.s. At what rate is the support line charged? Having truble finding the info on the site.
LiamM
Grafter

The number is at the bottom of all the pages, 0845 1400200 and is a local rate call. Not a premium rate.

For the exact costings check with your particular supplier on what they charge for 0845 numbers but it wont be any more than a few pence per minute.