cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet radio

N/A

Internet radio

Sorry if i am going over old ground, but is online radio affected by the traffic shaping on broadband plus

Jaycee
7 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Internet radio

Internet Radio, despite what you may think isn't really a high bandwidth activity.

I get no better quality listening to the BBC Radio Player on Broadband than I did on dialup. Of course, the connection is much more stable, and I can do other things online at the same time, but I don't get a better bitrate.

Therefore, I don't think you'll have any problems using Internet Radio with Broadband Plus. Perhaps somebody who has BB+ can comment?
N/A

Internet radio

Hi

I took the plunge and migrated from Virgin and and I can now say that radio streaming seems unaffected by the traffic shaping on Broadband Plus, the migration process was also more seamless than I expected.

All in all great package at a great price

Jaycee
N/A

Internet radio

In theory it could be affected since BB+ is packet shaped, but the volume of traffic on internet radio is small that I doubt you'd be affected.
N/A

Internet radio

As it's latency sensitive, from the comments made by Plusnet employees I wouldn't expect it to be shaped.
Alecto
Grafter

Internet radio

I get no better quality listening to the BBC Radio Player on Broadband than I did on dialup.

If you go via BBC Multicast page and click on Unicast, it runs at 132kbps.
Sandro
Grafter

Internet radio

unicast is only available by arrangment for testing

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Quote removed as it was a complete copy of the preceding post and not required.
Alecto
Grafter

Internet radio

Yes, it has always said that, but when I made the post it worked anyway.
Tried it this morning and it doesn't so I don't know what's going on.