cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How often do I have to dial in...

N/A

to keep my dial up account "Alive."

i.e. If I didn't dial in for a while because I accessed my email, the portal etc from work, would PlusNet eventually close my account?

TIA

Martin
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Acccounts are usually closed if there has been no activity for 3 months.

If you have moved away and have downgraded you PN account, you can keep it active by accessing yor main mailbox either via pop3 or webmail.*

* There is still some confusion about what is necessary to keep a paygo account active and some of the confusion has resulted from some CS agents stating you have to physically dialup to keep it active, which is not true. In the past PN have stated accessing your email (even from another ISP) is enough but recently a PUG member found their account concelled even though they had been accessing it via webmail. We are still discussing this internally with PN and hope to get a definative answer shortly.
N/A

Thanks Peter,

Yes, I have moved away, but as I had been with PN for four years, I'm not ruling out a return in the future, so I was planning to continue to use my PN email address and the portal.
I'll keep an eye for a definitive answer...

I'll also try to remember to dial in now and again.

Regards

Martin
N/A

I only use my dial up PAYG account for my email address. When I first signed up with PN a few years ago I didn't really think very seriously about my username, not realising at the time that it would be part of my email address. Once chosen PN will not let you change it without cancelling and completely rejoining.
When I moved to BB I opened an additional dial up PAYG account with a more email user friendly user name. I access my email through my BB connection using Outlook. Just to be sure that it isn't deactivated and I lose my email address I connect up to this account for about 10 minutes every 3 months. I have had conflicting answers from PN as to whether I have to do this or not when I am accessing my email daily using my BB account