cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long?

badwolf
Grafter

How long?

how long does it take for PN to activate you? My routers been plugged in for a few hours now (connected, just cant authenticate)

Was hoping for a session of socom3 tonight Cool
12 REPLIES
chrisc
Grafter

How long?

The order is still not showing as completed in the BT order system and you will not be able to connect until this has been updated.

I'll chase this up with our provisioning team to make sure this is done as soon as possible.
badwolf
Grafter

How long?

Cheers Chris

Do PlusNet not accept bribes anymore for switching on before BT gives the all clear Wink
Community Veteran

How long?

Maybe... However if BT have not completed their work yet your money would be wasted Tongue

Try disconnecting / reconnecting a few times over a few hours and if BT have completed PN should detect your connection attempts and activate you - although the auto activation does not always work.
N/A

How long?

It's always been a vague thing. There are dates given within the systems for activation, but sometimes and engineer will do the business ahead of time if they have other jobs on there. So you get to jump in early and before parts of the system know that something has happened. Other times you have to wait and play things buy the book.
badwolf
Grafter

How long?

Hmm.. hate to bypass the ticket system but any chance anyone could have a look at ticket # 21896668 ? BT finished the work on the 22nd - I've updated my payment details yesterday and left my router trying to connect and the auto enable thing hasnt kicked in - think it needs a kick up the backside? Cheesy
N/A

How long?

If you're stated activation date has passed it looks like there could be a problem.

It may be worth sending a PM to one of the Comms team (such as Chris) or updating your ticket to see if BT have completed the work or there had been a delay at their end.

Is your router managing to sync at all? There should be a light or some indication via a web-interface if this is happening.

Or is the connection failing at authentication?
badwolf
Grafter

How long?

Cheers sietchtabr

I know plus are busy with all the spam problems so I'd expect some delay.. but it's been a few days now to do something which is fairly straight forward and enable an account (at least it was straight forward the last time I had ADSL from PN) Wink

I do get a good stable sync and I can connect to the bt_test logon, but just cant sign on to plusnet's realm. I am positive my login details are OK and I've factory reset'd my router just in case Wink

So what are you doing around these parts sietchtabr? I thought you migrated away a while back... or can you just not get enough of plusnet Wink
Community Veteran

How long?

Hi badwolf.

Sorry to hear that things arent going to plan.

I have asked James, the provisioning team leader, to take a look at this one and provide an update.

Unfortunately this wont be until tomorrow morning but he will chase it.

Fingers crossed its just a glitch.
badwolf
Grafter

How long?

Thank you very much Mark Cheesy
N/A

How long?

Aha looks like it's an authentication thing then. Hopefully James can sort it in his new (temporary) role.

What am I doing.. well, I lurked for a bit after I migrated away, then stopped coming here as not being able to post where all the fun is is pretty boring. I've now returned as having a slew of my e-mail addresses spammed was kindof important to me. And trying to work out the extent of the problems and why they occurred piques my interest.

Me being me I see other posts and can't help but drop in and have my say and try to help where I can Smiley

No plans to come back to PlusNet at the moment, although you never know, due to a couple of imminent moves I will be doing some ISP hopping.

The whole farce with the email leak has been bad and at first it looked like nothing had changed around here. But with some of the chats I've had with people, looking at general support times and responses I've seen and especially the report that's come out today, it would appear I was wrong. The general openness, honesty and willingness to change has been great. There's distinct traces of the old PlusNet we all loved Smiley
badwolf
Grafter

How long?

OK.. all sorted now Cheesy spoke to a nice lass in CS who got it all going

Cheers :lol:
chrisc
Grafter

How long?

Good to hear that everything is up and running.

Sorry about the delay in getting it sorted for you.