cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I handle the changeover from my old ISP

N/A

This may sound very amateur - but that is what I am! I am using a dial up ISP and hope to change to BB+ soon. I am nervous about losing touch via my present email address which is used by my contacts all over the world. Can I keep that for a short time until I am sure all my contacts have noted the change - using dial up via a filter as well as a BB modem connection? I am a Mac user too - will I be able to get appropriate help in setting up if I have problems - some aspects on your set up advice seem rather dated. Geoff66
1 REPLY
N/A

Hi there,

Firstly welcome to the boards.

Keeping access to your existing email addresses will depend on your current ISP and whether you have to completley cancel your account or whether they will let you revert to a payg dial up account, thus keeping your ols email account alive.

If you can do this then accessing that email from Plus net will not be a problem.

With regards setting up your MAC. yes you will get all the help you need on the forums here. I do agree that the MAC support area of the Portal is in dire need of a revamp.

Dont hesitate to post any questions you may have. There is always somone here to help.