cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I come back to Plusnet?

N/A

Hello, I am a previous customer, now I have moved house & am back with BT I would like to know what my options are?

I want to run upto 3 Xboxes & a PC (maybe all at same time but not often) so will be using a ethernet modem/router.

I want a 1mb down package & am thinking of starting with the 1mb lite + 6gb monthly contract (23.74), if I find that I go over this is the upgrade to premier (£29.99) does it cost anything for the transfer? (or to drop to a lower gb amount)?

Using the signup with no hardware page there is nothing to click on except the "upgrade now" buttons within the monthly/annual contract images & only a "buy now" option on the pay £5.50 a month option ?

Please advise.
P.S. apologies for not trawling through the whole of the rest of the site to possibly find asnwers to these questions but I am without home connection & limited in time I can spend online at work.

Thankyou,
Circuitshare.
11 REPLIES
Community Veteran

When you said 'back with BT' do you mean you have ADSL with BT or that you just have a BT phone line and are using a PAYGO account to access the net?

If you already have ADSL, you can just migrate to PlusNet (assuming your on an IPStream based product) at the same speed for free and if necessary upgrade to 1Mb for a fee (which will probably be £14.99).

If your on Dialup, you need to go through the upgrade path (via the connection settings link on the left) to upgrade your PAYGO account (which I assume you are using) to ADSL 1Mb lite and pay the necessary activation fees (£58.75 annual contract, £70.50 monthly contract). The firs page you see after clicking upgrade will not have your package and you need to click another link to see it all.

Running the 3 Xboxes and a PC on the link is fine.
N/A

Hello again, all I have is BT installed, no ADSL etc.

I am accessing here via work.

If I go via the upgrade path (or start as a new customer) will I be able to change from LITE to premier later on without charge?
Community Veteran

Yes, lite -> premier on the same speed is free. See the first table of Residential Upgrade Price List.
N/A

OK, now what's happened to the sign up pages?

I can no longer select a 1mb lite package with higher that 1gb bandwidth?

Whare has it gone, better yet where has the indication of what it costs gone?

Surely this is not good, not letting prospective customers see instantly what the charges are for, instead we have to search around & it's not easy to see.
N/A

I will need to look at it some more, however, plusNet have made some changes to the signup process, in order to reduce the number of choices a customer needs to make.

Removing the included bandwidth is one of those options removed.

The idea being, that the customer starts out at a base rate, and only pays more, as they use more.

You are right though, that you shouldn't need to hunt for price information, so where needed, chase this through the usergroup.
N/A

Exactly, I don't want to start out at the base rate, I want to start out with 6gb bandwith as thats about what I think I will use (given that no-one can tie down how much they use for thier xbox per month).

This option is not available in the signup setup, you have to start with the base & then go through it all again to add the extra pre pay bandwidth, now the service may be good but the hassle there will certainly put lots off.

Thanks for the reply.
N/A

This option is not available in the signup setup, you have to start with the base & then go through it all again to add the extra pre pay bandwidth

I am unable to find any way to add pre-pay usage. Can you clarify the steps you took to do this?

After checking it, I have to say I have no trouble at all locating the price information for the account, without searching.

From the Broadband Home selection screen, I selected Lite 1Mb
The word "Data transfer" is a list, next to the prices for each speed, as is the word "more" next to the lite option above

Under there, it gives details about lite, and a clear link to "find out more about data transfer prices".
N/A

I started with www.plus.net, clicked on the "choose product" link under the pretty girl, taken to http://www.plus.net/products/residential/broadbandhome/ I then chose "lite" and 1mb @1gb for 14.99 then click on "Proceed" and end up here to choose "no hardware" and then monthly contract buy now which then pops up a page for my personal details.

Well before I give out any personal detail I would have liked to know what the entire package is going to cost me without having to go to a seperate page, note down the basic costs and then do some sums for each increment of 1gb over the basic. (had to do a chart to see what each gb costs).

I don't know what was wrong with the original page that allowed you to choose your bandwith at signup.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Duplicate post removed.
N/A

Hello again, did anyone manage to find out how we pre pay for extra bandwidth?

Is it still the case that I can sign up for the std service, use 5gb over the limit & then prepay for it before the billing date?

Thankyou,

Circuitshare.
Community Veteran

I can't comment on the former, however, it certainly is the case that you can use as much as you want over the 1GB limit, then just upgrade (for free) before your next billing date.

Thomas
N/A

As a further update to this.

I followed the link from the bandwidth used page, upgraded to a few more gb.
HOWEVER.

This applies from the next payment date & not the current.

So there is still no way a new user can sign up to more than 1gb without having to contact PN customer services.

rang up pn cs & they confirmed it.