cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change my username?

N/A

I can change my password but how do I change my username? I really don't like the fact that an admin of any given forum on the net can view my full name, if I would've known then I would have used a different username when I originally signed up.
9 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Changing your username is something which has been discussed at great length on these boards and, unfortunately, it is not possible.

What type of account do you have? Is it a broadband account or a dialup account?

If dialup, then it may be possible to cease your account and resign up with a different username, but with broadband it's not possible to do it without ceasing your connection entirely and then signing up again.

I didnt realise that I was going to become a member of this community when I signed up since I didnt know it existed. The amount of people that think I'm called Martin is unbelievable. It would have been good for me to be able to change it.

However, I don't see what you mean by admin of any forum. Are you referring to your rDNS which is in the format username.plus.com - this can be changed by raising a link:Contact Us ticket through the portal, then your username isn't viewable to anyone, except of course if you post here on the PN boards.
Community Veteran

Another way around this is to sign up for a PayAsYou dial-up account using your chosen username. Then ask one of the moderators to allow you to use this to post on the forums.

Chilly
LiamM
Grafter

Yes, that is certainly possible for these boards.... and so long as you sign in once in every 90 days, the account will stay active.
N/A

However, I don't see what you mean by admin of any forum. Are you referring to your rDNS which is in the format username.plus.com - this can be changed by raising a <a href="http://contactus.plus.net">Contact Us</a> ticket through the portal, then your username isn't viewable to anyone, except of course if you post here on the PN boards.

Yes, thats exactly what I was talking about, you're saying I can change it?

Okay thanks I'll contact PN.
N/A

If someone wanted to cancel and then re-sign up because they wanted to change their username would they have to pay for the activation charge again?

If so, how much is it?
Community Veteran

LiamM
Grafter

A cease and reprovide.... £58.75 activation fee.
N/A

Can this £58.75 one off activation fee be paid via direct debit or does it require a credit/debit card?
Community Veteran

If your setting up a new account then you can pay by direct debit but it tends to make the process longer due to the waiting for the banks to set the debits up.
Much better to pay the initial setup by card and then direct debit for the rest of the payments.