cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Plus vs PAYG

N/A

Home Plus vs PAYG

Could anyone tell me the pros and cons of PAYG vs Home Plus.
I am potential new customer. I estimate my useage will be approx 2- 3 GBs per month.
Both are at £14.99 and I would be happy to pay another £1 or £2 (if needed) for a better service.
I don't do P2P or games. Am trying to decide the best route to go.
5 REPLIES
craigbrass
Grafter

Home Plus vs PAYG

If you don't use p2p or games, I recomend Plus. It is best for just browsing the web and checking emails and the very light amount of other activities as priority is given to web and email. You can always upgrade to PAYG or Premier later on for FREE.
Community Veteran

Home Plus vs PAYG

PAYG you pay for what you use if you prepay it costs £14.99 with 1GB included plus £1 (Not sure on that) for each additional GB you choose to pay for. If you go over what you prepaid you are charged £1.25 for each extra GB.

Plus is unlimited but traffic shaped to give priority to web surfing and e-mail and costs a flat £14.99 each month.

PAYG includes 250 MB of webspace with advanced features such as mysql, cgi, php, frontpage extensions.

Plus includes 100 MB of webspace without the advanced features.

I belive on both packages you can add a domain name for £1 each month.

To sum up if you want to host a website using PHP, CGI, MySQL or Frontpage Extensions go for PAYG. But if you aren't bothered about webspace plus is probably better for you.
N/A

Thanks

Thanks guys, I guess if I go with PlusNet it'll be Plus then,
Just a thought Is this Contention thing important as PAYG is at 1:30 and Plus at 1:50 ?
I live in a small village in Devon and the exchange goes live in a couple of weeks (yippee!!). Am currently with AOL on dial up, but Plusnet followed by Eclipse seem favourites at the moment. Any thoughts
Community Veteran

Home Plus vs PAYG

Shouldn't make much difference as it is only over PN's network on your exchange you will still be contented at 50:1
N/A

Home Plus vs PAYG

Thanks 'No7Olivier' for your input I really appreciate it,
I guess I won't worry about Contention then & just sign up for the Plus account - Can't wait til I can go broadband in a few weeks!! Cheers