cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, a question about pricing

N/A

I joined up a couple of years ago for the 512kb broadband uncapped and it was 18.99, but recently i checked the main page and it says BB+ 512kb with no download limit at 14.99, it's the exact same BB (same features) as the one I'm using but I am still being charged 18.99, shouldn't plusnet be charging me the new lower price?
4 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Broadband Plus is a new product and is slightly different from the one you're currently subscribed to.

Broadband Plus will allow P2P and Binary Newsgroups, but just prioritises traffic in such a way that Web Browsing / Email etc.. is given priority during the day.

On Home Surf you will now be given a FUP Level of 22Gb. You will however be given a free regrade up to 2Mb (if your line supports it) and then be further upgraded later on in the year (again if the line supports it) upto 8Mb.

Broadband Plus users will not benefit from this, since BB+ is sold on speed rather than usage.

So now, you have the following options :

1 - Doing Nothing , Being Upgraded FOC, Continue to pay £18.99/month, be placed on FUP with 22Gb Allowance

2 - Downgrading to BB+ £14.99 (512k), £19.99 (1Mb) or £24.99 (2Mb)

3 - Upgrading to Broadband Premier - £21.99 (30Gb Allowance) and getting Free Speed Upgrades also.
N/A

Broadband Plus will allow P2P and Binary Newsgroups, but just prioritises traffic in such a way that Web Browsing / Email etc.. is given priority during the day.

While this is correct, if your interested in either P2P or Binary Newsgroups, then really a BB+ account would not be the best account for you. This account is marketed towards just surfing and e-mail, where as Liam has already stated, speed is the priority.
N/A

I am 312 metres away from my exchange(straight line distance) would I be able to get 8mb?
N/A

Measuring distance is not always a good thing. Although you may be able to spit at the exchange, your line will not normaly go direct.

I have seen cases of lines being over 3 miles long, when you can walk to an exchange in 30 seconds.