cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOME HIGHWAY

N/A

HOME HIGHWAY

Do I have to pay extra to join plus net if my current line is a BT Home Highway?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Free to move ISP replying Ivan

Hello Guest,

As far as I am aware if you wanted to move your broadband from BT home highway package to Plusnet (effectively your moving ISP's) then its FREE i.e. no fees involved in coming to Plusnet. BT might not like it but that's their problem & you shouldnt be worried or concerned by BT's attitude. **BT might contact you and try to keep you with them though?

** I have a friend who is still with BT Yahoo and BT have been falling over themselves to keep his custom. At the end of the day, he will probably move ISP from BT Yahoo to Plusnet or F9 once the latest offer finishes. The BT Yahoo software was aweful and caused lots of problems, & BT's own network is poorly managed my friend got lots of virus infected mail & vast amounts of spam & junk mail.

Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
Your Forum Your Voice,Get Involved!
LiamM
Grafter

HOME HIGHWAY

Actually that is incorrect.

Home Highway is ISDN. And when signing up with Plusnet, you will have to indicate that you want an ISDN Conversion as ISDN is incompatible with ADSL. There is an option during the signup procedure for this.

You will be able to keep one line and one number.

There is a charge of £50 for this and it will appear on your BT Phone Bill.
N/A

Replying Re: Home Highway Ivan

Hi,

I never said Home Highway wasnt ISDN if you look at my comments but I take your point. OK thanks I stand corrected, its a conversion from one technology to another so perhaps you will get charged after all for process.

**Your still changing providor and packages though that was the point I was attempting to make**

Ivan
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
LiamM
Grafter

HOME HIGHWAY

Well, not really. It's just the line you are changing. If you have Home Highway, you can use any ISDN provider you like... Plusnet, Wanadoo, Eclipse... whoever.

Sorry to be pinickety....
N/A

HOME HIGHWAY

Its OK liam I know your just like that?!! :lol: :lol:

Ivan
F9 FOL Forum Moderator