cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Access

N/A

Forum Access

Hey,

Although I've left Plus Net, I was allowed to keep my forum access as I used to be a tutorial team member, and commented heavyly on the forums.

Why was it removed, just now?
8 REPLIES
Liam
Grafter

Forum Access

Hi there,

Certainly our policy is that if you do not have a subscription account you can only post in the Free Dialup forum.

There is a mopup script "of doom(TM)" that can disable people's access if they're seen on the forums with a username that is not a subscription account.

Who was your agreement with to keep your access? Suggest it might be worth PM'ing me and letting me know? Not something we could really do.
N/A

Forum Access

Hi Gadgetboy,

The rules laid out by Plusnet state that only folks with a subscription based account are granted rights to post in any board other than the Free Dial-up one.

Previously the Tutorials team had their own board within the portal boards with elevated privileges, but this is now a function carried out by the Plusnet Usergroup. Tutorials are now posted to the PUG's own independent webspace which is fully within their control.

To clarify, any access you had to the forums after ceasing to be a subscription fee paying customer were in error, an error which has now been corrected.

From now on you will only have access to the Free Dial-up forum for making posts - of course you can still read the other boards.
N/A

Forum Access

Hi,

I am aware of the policy, as I used to comment on these forums when it came into being, and hence why when I left, I asked to have my access kept.

I had asked for it to be kept, as I helped a lot on the forums advice wise etc.

Anyway, I'm not going to spend lot of time arguing about this, it's a shame but no biggie.

Aaron
holdtight
Grafter

Forum Access

Hi Aaron

Long time no speak hope all is well with you whoever you may be with now

shame that as we all know you have in the past given a great deal of time and good advice to these forums and im sure are still missed by many

Is there no way that these restrictions can be modified for such a contributing member not just right now but for those who have contributed and could continue to contribute in the future to the forum but have left plusnet for whatever reason ?
Liam
Grafter

Forum Access

Unfortnuately not. These are Plusnet specific forums, for Plusnet customers. There are plenty of other areas and forums on the web that will allow contributors from users of all ISPs.

We can't turn the Portal Forums into forums used by customers of any old ISP, it would not be manageable above all else. And we couldn't be seen to 'bend' the rules for one person.

Whilst I also agree with what your saying regarding Aarons undisputable massive contribution to the forums I notice that we've not seen a presence (more than a few posts) since his migration anyway.

I'd be more interested to look at the reasons for Aaron leaving in the first place and see if there was anything I could do to get him back as a customer, not just a forum user.
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Forum Access

Unfortnuately not. These are Plusnet specific forums, for Plusnet customers.

...but PAYG dial-up people are PlusNet customers - they just access the ISP and pay for it in a different way.

Before I changed to PlusNet from Demon I opened a dial-up account as I wanted to see how the service performed (obviously OK as I'm now here!). I had some questions about PlusNet's broadband service that I was unable to post here as I had a dial-up account. I would not expect people who post here to look at the Free Dialup forum.

I would like to ask that all PlusNet customers are allowed to post in all forums. Someone can always be barred if this is abused.
shellsong
Grafter

Forum Access

Hear! Hear!
N/A

Forum Access

Hi All,

What started as a simple request seems to have started into something much bigger...

Whilst I also agree with what your saying regarding Aarons undisputable massive contribution to the forums I notice that we've not seen a presence (more than a few posts) since his migration anyway.

I've not till recently been able to get much time on the internet, moving house, work etc but I'm now in a better position.

I'd be more interested to look at the reasons for Aaron leaving in the first place and see if there was anything I could do to get him back as a customer, not just a forum user.

I'm happy to discuss my reasons for leaving, but I wasn't sure here would be the best place.

Unfortnuately not. These are Plusnet specific forums, for Plusnet customers.

Technically I am still a customer, as I have a dial-up line with Plus Net and e-mail, but I do know the reasons why this change was implemented as I was still at Plus Net when this action was taken but I'm hardly an abusive customer lol

Yes there are other forums on the web, hundreds of them, but I know I've helped a lot in the past, Plus Net was my first BB ISP and I've got friends here as well.

holdtight, long time no speak as well. hope your doing well

To end, as I said before I'm not here to create a big fuss about this. It's a shame, but as Liam said there are other forums out there.
I will look into the forums from time to time, and maybe post a comment or two in here, but I don't want to clutter this forum area, with lots of how is everyone doing kind of posts.

Hope everyone is well.

Aaron