cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced Migrations

N/A

Forced Migrations

Hi

I'm wanting to join plusnet 2mb from pipex 1mb. The problem is that the Btw telephone broadband checker says 1mb max. This is a brand new number that has probably been reissued, which maybe connected to an address further away from the exchange. :roll:

I am only 99 metres from the exchange and my line stats are well withing the published guidelines -

ReceiveAttenuation_dB= 5
ReceiveMargin_dB= 31
RxOutputPower_dBm= 0
SendAttenuation_dB= 2
SendMargin_dB= 30

If I migrate to 2mb, would this be throttled back to 1mb or would the application be declined altogether? Just wanting to make sure before i submit the application.

Thanks!

Neil
5 REPLIES
N/A

Forced Migrations

The automatic process would probably decline the 2mb connection, if those are the details held in the BT database.

Does your modem / router provide line stats? if so paste them here and we'll see what they say.

Failing that you could always try and talk Pipex into doing a woosh test, but knowing Pipex that may prove difficult.
N/A

Forced Migrations

Yep. line stats are taken from the speedtouch 330. I've been told that the stats are the best they've ever seen, which is no suprise. I nearly live inside the exchange. lol

ReceiveAttenuation_dB= 5
ReceiveMargin_dB= 31
RxOutputPower_dBm= 0
SendAttenuation_dB= 2
SendMargin_dB= 30

Pipex have been a pain in the backside recently. Took me 30 mins just to obtain a MAC !!
N/A

Forced Migrations

Certainly those stats look ok for 2mb.

i would give Plus Net a ring 0845 1400200. Explain the situation to them. I would hope that they could apply manually for the 2mb if the BT automatic system refuses on the initial application. My worry would be that ti may delay your migration. But hopefully one of the Sales team will be able to seek clarification for you.
N/A

Forced Migrations

Cheers Mark

Hopefully it should go through. I have heard reports where customer's have had to get back to request a new MAC and Pipex have refused to do this.

Although this was due to the line not being good enough for 2mb. Mine should sail through... Fingers crossed.
N/A

Forced Migrations

could you please tell me where you read the initial results which indicate that a 2mb line shuld be obtainable. I have a speedtouch and bt 150 and would like to know if my test results are sufficient to give me a 2mb connection.

Cheers

A