cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F9/PlusNet?

N/A

F9/PlusNet?

My local exchange becomes Broadband enabled tomorrow.

After a lot of searching and evaluation I had decided to go with PlusNet --- then bumped into F9.
Now I know that the two outfits are offerings from the same company so I have a dilema. Which to use?

The packages are apparently identical, so what would I gain from using F9 instead of PlusNet?

TIA

Mike
5 REPLIES
N/A

F9/PlusNet?

Not much benefit really, and they do tend to test out new features on the plusnet lot before giving it to us. Saying that though the F9 collective is much smaller, and a very nice size for calm forum chats Smiley That is the only real benefit but its enough for me to choose them again!! Everything else is exactly the same.. except the colour scheme.

Also you are more likely to get a username that you would like on F9 due to the lower number of people.

There is http://www.free-online.net as well, but I think i'm right in saying that that is a smaller subset than F9....

Cheers,

Jarv
N/A

F9/PlusNet?

Thanks Jarvis
N/A

F9/PlusNet?

Thanks Jarvis
N/A

F9/PlusNet?

If I could resign up I would go with F9 rather than PlusNet purely for the colour scheme Wink
N/A

F9/PlusNet?

I know this is an old thread but I'll reply for the benefit of other guest visitors anyway.

One thing that wasn't mentioned above is that you get a .com domain/email address with plusnet, whereas with f9 you get a .co.uk address.

One of the main reasons I chose f9 rather than plusnet was becuase I've always prefered to have a .co.uk address.... I hate when people assume you're american just because you have a .com address.... .co.uk address gives me a sense of national pride and individuality within the global internet that .com does not.

Your domain would be username.f9.co.uk as opposed to username.plus.com