cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email question

N/A

Email question

Hello, am seriously considering moving to Plusnet, but there is one thing I would like to know before I make a final decision.

If I understand it correctly, I would have an email address such as default@myusername.plus.com , and other email a/cs (mailboxes) would be him@myusername.plus.com, her@myusername.plus.com etc.

Would the headers on email sent from mailboxes other than the default one, still disclose the default email, ie default@myusername.plus.com ?

I ask because this is what happens with my BT a/c, where the headers on mail send from a subaccount (nickname@btinternet.com) disclose my full name from my main email address.

TIA

~G
7 REPLIES
N/A

Email question

Hi,

As far I know, it won't disclose the default e-mail address. I've done a few test e-mails, and there is no mention of my default e-mail address.
N/A

Email question

Thanks for your response Smiley

Can I just ask you to clarify that you looked at the _full_headers?

~G

Moderators note by John (johnesex) Quote removed as it was not needed.
N/A

Email question

provided you confgiure your mail client correctly, no, it will not disclose this information.
N/A

Email question

Yes I did look at the full headers.
N/A

Email question

Thank you both Smiley
N/A

Email question

This is not exactly what you are asking, but you should be aware that an email to

AbsolutelyAnything@YourAccount.plus.com

for example, will find its way to your default address.

So it's really academic, as anyone that knows your basic account details, i.e. YourAccount.plus.com, will still be able to send you emails.

However, welcome to Plusnet, I hope, regardless of some of the gripes you might read in these forums, I don't think they can be matched for price/facilities/customer service. (consistency/speed/latency is a bit dodgy at the minute, but, trust me, they'll iron that out also.)

Good Luck.

Mal
N/A

Email question

Thanks, Mal Smiley

I know about the issue you described : I used to have a Freeserve account and the same thing happened there.

It's taken me a long time to choose which ISP to move to and I'm happy I've made the right decision. Now all I have to do is get a MAC from BT and choose a user name!