cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account closure

N/A

Email account closure

I left PN around a month ago but was told that I would be able to access my emails for 60 days after that point. Today I had an email from their automated address to say that all of my accounts had been deleted. I've tried sending myself emails but they get returned. I cannot sign in to raise a ticket or respond to the original cancellation ticket anymore .

Do I need to do anything to get the emails for another 30 days?
30 REPLIES
N/A

Email account closure

Hmm, I thought that the threshold was 30 days, but the tool was only run every 60 days ATM. Perhaps PN have decided to have a clear-out given the current issues.

Some confirmation would be useful....
N/A

Email account closure

Doubtful much can be done if it's all been removed by some automated system. They should have backups to reinstate things but whether they will or not I don't know (it could be seen as impractical or not worth the effort).

This is one of the advantages of being able to downgrade to PAYG and of PlusNet keeping customers accounts 'alive' something which some have criticised recently but which I think is a good thing. Of course, checking if an account is inactive and if it has not been accessed for a while it good policy.
N/A

Email account closure

I figured it may have something to do with the recent Spam issues but I now I can't view previous tickets I can't check the 60 day confirmation.

I was told in a previous email that "When question is released from hold please change account to dial up free account." I only had the email today about the question/ticket being updated but, again, I cannot login to change my account details :?.

Do the PN support staff post on this forum regularly?
N/A

Email account closure

Reasonably regularly on the Community Support section but rarely in the Free Dialup section unless prodded by a moderator Wink

I'm sure sallyandjames will (or already has) given someone a nudge and asked for confirmation. But as you can imagine staff are somewhat busy at the moment dealing with the current..erm... issues.
N/A

Email account closure

Consider PN duly prodded.... Wink
N/A

Email account closure

Thanks for all the feedback/replies. I understand that a support issue from an ex-member is not a priority so any help from PN staff would be much appreciated. Cheesy
N/A

Email account closure

Its always a priority for them - they never know who might be the next customer to pay their wages.

Its just that with this board sitting idle for most of the time, its easy to overlook, especially when resources are stretched (as I imagine they must be at PN towers right now)
N/A

Email account closure

True, I posted here for a bit after I moved my main account elsewhere, but it was so quiet after the hustle and bustle of the Community Support forums I gave up. And the Usergroup forums are only for those with +net IP's... so here's all that is left for us with queries about what's currently going on.
N/A

Email account closure

That said, the current issues do impact people who do not have posting rights to the main forums a lot more than any other issues I can remember. So it would be nice for Comms team people to pay it a bit more attention right now.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Email account closure

Hi Guest...
If you want to PM me your username I'll be happy to look at your account and see whats going on.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Email account closure

Part of the PN family again... (albeit in a distant, in-law kind of way)

Thanks for your help Chris. As usual, a problem is solved as soon as PN staff get involved.

Luckily support wasn't my reason for leaving :lol:
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Email account closure

As I said in my PM, the final changes will need to be made tomorrow. I'm back in the office then so I'll try to remember to make them myself :?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Email account closure

And I've just made those changes to the account for you. Shout up if you have any more queries.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Email account closure

Great stuff - all seems to be sorted now. Thanks for keeping on top of the query.

What are the rules for maintaining the email accounts now? Do I need to connect every so often etc.?