cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped ADSL Connections.

N/A

I have read quite a few posts on the customer service and Broadband forum Re disconnections with members ADSL service, some connect and are disconnected several times in one hour. This happened to me when I was with +net last year and because of that I moved to V21 and have had only about four dropped connections in the last six months.

I may consider re-joining +net but I am concerned that I would go back to having many I had approximately six a day dropt connection.

Why should I have so many disconnections when I was with +net and only a very few now when I am with V21 ? after all the line and exchange have never changed.

Having to post here because I am not authorised to post in other forums on this board.
10 REPLIES
N/A

Dropped connections, where synch is lost is not down to any ISP, but generally down to a users line, equipment, dodgy filters or internal wiring.

I dont get any disconnections and never have. The fact that you get disconnects with your new ISP, irrespective of the fact that you claim they are less frequent, would suggest that the problem lies elsewhere.

An end user should nto experience disconnects with any regularlity and i would respectfully suggest that you invoke some sort of checking procedure to identify the cause of your disconnects, because irrespective of ISP you shouldnt have them.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Or in my case a very long line with highly variable snr
N/A

Dropped connections, where synch is lost is not down to any ISP, but generally down to a users line, equipment, dodgy filters or internal wiring.

I don't get any disconnections and never have. The fact that you get disconnects with your new ISP, irrespective of the fact that you claim they are less frequent, would suggest that the problem lies elsewhere.

An end user should nto experience disconnects with any regularlity and i would respectfully suggest that you invoke some sort of checking procedure to identify the cause of your disconnects, because irrespective of ISP you shouldnt have them.

I did have a USB modem when the Dropped synch was a problem,however, now I have a BT Voyager 2500 V router and I since installing this I don't think I have had any Dropped synch. The router is connected to two PC via Ethernet connections.

Would the USB modem have been the cause of the problem?
N/A

Hi John,

Personally I hate USB modems, but that stems from the early days of ADSL and doing installs of various USB modems on Windows 98 systems, and the inability of certain systems to provide suffficient power to the device.

I much prefer routers, they are less problematic and will generally, not withstanding other issues, provide a more stable connection and better experience.

Whilst unable to say for definate what the reason is, it is possible that the USB modem could have caused the problems or perhaps a combination of modem and system could have been at fault, but without actually seeing for myself what the issue was, I cant be any more precise.

I certainly wouldnt rule the usb modem out tbh.
N/A

I find your comments interesting,however, there is nearly a post a day saying that they are being disconnected for some reason and this has gone on for a long time now, surly not all these people that are complaining have a USB modem .

with all these reported disconnections each day there must be a problem at +net side of the connection . Why arnt other ISP providers having the same problem
N/A

The majority of connection issues reported on the forums at the minute, relate to the nightmare MAXDSL programme. This is mirrored across all isp's using BT's IPstream max product, as a quick scan of ADSL Guide will confirm.

So no, these issues are seperate to those which i touched on which can affect USB modems.
N/A

You have almost convinced me to rejoin +net later in the year Cheesy
N/A

Hi there,

Give me a couple more minutes and I'll make a good stab at completing the job Smiley

By all means come back if you have any queries.
N/A

Mark isn't a member of staff at PlusNet though Wink
He's 'just' a customer, albeit one with more links into PlusNet than most. One of the great things about PlusNet is that there are many customers who are willing and capable of helping out when for whatever reason PlusNet themselves cannot.

I wouldn't use that alone as a reason to rejoin PlusNet though, waiting until they sort out their support systems and other issues may be prudent. which hopefully they will have done by later in the year....
N/A

Unfortunately I cant return until my 12 month contract with V21 is nearly ended in November Cry Unless anyone can tell me how to join before then I am stuck with V21. :?