cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Hosting

N/A

Domain Hosting

I get the idea that if I pay an extra £1 a month I can have a new domain name registered through Plusnet.. without any renewal costs for so long as I continue to subscribe. That leeds me to a question though: what happens if I get disillusioned with Plusnet and decide to move to another ISP: is there any cost to me to transfer my domain to another ISP?

Secondly... i get the idea that I can have three domains hosted on Plusnet.. but can I leave them registered with a third party (e.g. www.freeparking.com) and still get the same functionality... and save myself a bunch on the renewal costs every 2 years.. or do I need to gulp and accept the £45 every 2 years charged by Plusnet?
1 REPLY
N/A

Domain Hosting

Hi,

With the £1 domain option, within the first 12 months of the domain being registered with us there is a £52.88 (inc vat) charge to transfer the domain away from Plusnet, however if the domain has been registered for more than a year with us you are able to transfer the domain away for free.

You are able to use a third party registrant for domains and just host the dns with us. There is a guide for this located here.

Hope this helps.