cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost of Bandwidth per Mb

N/A

Cost of Bandwidth per Mb

Dose anyone on here know what BT charge for Bandwidth per megabyte just out of interest. Maybe there is a web site that tells you ?
4 REPLIES
N/A

Cost of Bandwidth per Mb

From previous posts, on the various boards, it would seem to cost the ISP's somewhere between 70p and £1 per GB, using BT's IPStream model.

I'll leave you to do the math on the cost per MB. Knowing my skills on that front, I'd get it horribly wrong. Sad
N/A

Cost of Bandwidth per Mb

Twelvety!

There was a great article put together by kitz which can be found here. She tends to know more about this things and be more able to perform impartial analysis than anyone. (No offence to anyone, whom I'm sure is perfectly competent).

With the CBC charging on IPStream it works out at about 73p per GB, which translates into a little over 0.07p per Mb. Those are the direct costs charged by BTw, generally ISP's round stuff up so they can make some money and to cover costs which means about £1 per GB or 0.097p per Mb.
N/A

Cost of Bandwidth per Mb

If these figures are correct then Plus net are making approximating 100% profit on each Mb in the new £20.99 package. That makes the 50 free Mb a derisory amount, especially when V21 are doing 2Gb for 11.98 with up to 5 email address.

£1.00 per Gb = 0.00001p per Mb

£0.75 per Gb=0.000007 per Mb

Thats if I have these figures worked out correctly. Feel free to contradict.

Plus Net are going to have to improve on this offer for people to take an interest don't you think.
N/A

Cost of Bandwidth per Mb

I think those numbers are a bit off.

£1 per GB == 100p/1024MB == 0.097p per MB

I'm not sure what else is included in these new packages or how they are provided, but the basic cost passed to BTw by PlusNet before any bandwidth is used ends up at nearly £14 a month per user.