cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caps

N/A

Caps

Hello.

I am hoping to move from PIPEX to PLUS.net via migration.

However I have one question

Do you have any plans on inforcing a cap on you premier service?

It's twice now I have been stuck in a contract and had a cap inforce in one way or another.

I know the Pipex one is not exactly a cap but I would like the assurance that the speed will stay the same.

Also how long is the special offer for free migratin going to be - I am due my migration soon and should be able to migrate in a few weeks.

thanks
5 REPLIES
N/A

Caps

Whilst the Premier product is not capped you are expected to use it without causing a detrimental effect to the network or other users.

If you use the connection sensibly then you will have no problems. Should you max out you downloads 24/7 then Plus net will get in touch and discuss your usage. You will not be kicked off, they will try and agree an acceptable level of use.

The are no hard and fast limits or figures but from what has been discussed in the various forums anything repeatedly over 100gb would probably be enough to bring you under notice.

It looks like the free migration is here to stay so you should be fine on that front.

Hopefully we'll see you here soon.
N/A

Caps

Thank you for the quick reply - I see people was right about good CS.

I am not a heavy user I just like to know that if I download I dont have to keep track and worrie about if you donwload how much more can I donwload if you get the drift.

It is good news about the free migration.

One last question is if you regster do you have to pay extra (like in advance) I do hope not.

Thank you.
N/A

Caps

I have just been told the 30:1 ratio is bad Hover I thought it was good as i htought it was the "how many people share in a pipe" is it good or bad?
N/A

Caps

It can be quite difficult to explain, but here goes!
In the exchange, you have two options.
Business accounts can have 20:1 contention, whereas Home users are on 50:1
Plusnet at their end limit themselves to 30:1, but this is only on their network.
So potentially you would still end up at 50:1 if your exchange gets to be fully subscribed for residential products.
It seems the norm though for BT to keep in front of demand as much as possible though, so assuming that they do, the 30:1 at plusnets end is really pretty good.
N/A

Caps

One last question is if you regster do you have to pay extra (like in advance) I do hope not.
Thank you.

You will not incur any advance payments. you will have to pay your first month at sign up by credit or debit card with subsequent payments by either DD or CC.

You can opt to pay your initial payment by DD but this will delay your migration by upto 10 days.