cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling but retaining email address

N/A

I’ve recently moved house and asked PlusNet to cancel my dialup service – we will use my girlfriend’s Tiscali broadband at the new house. I’d assumed that after cancelling the dialup connection, I’d still be able to use my email address, but today, my username seems to be disabled. I can’t use the online help (using internet at work, but can’t access my account) and even after calling for 25mins I couldn’t get through to the helpdesk. Any advise for me? Thanks … Tony
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

If they have actually cancelled your account then the username you were using should now be free.
Set up a free pay as you go account using your old username and as long as you access mail once every few month it should stay active.

If your old username is not available then you will have little option other than to call support and get it reinstated as a pay as you go.
N/A

Cancelling

Thanks! My old username was not allowed, but after getting thru to the helpdesk, they reinstated it for me on a pay as you go account. Emails are coming thru again now. Cheers .. Tony
N/A

Is there anyway of contacting Plusnet other than by phone in order to get my old usr name reinstated. I moved to SKY which I am very pleased with, but I had hoped to retain my Plusnet user ID as PAYG dialup in the hope that Plusnet would eventually improve their service to what was once excellent. And if Plusnet get their act together then I would have considered getting broadband from them. Alas though, my user ID has now been cancelled completely.
Community Veteran

Comms have an email address which you could try. I can't remember what it is off hand though. I'll dig it out tommorow...
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

If you migrate out to another ISP (IPStream to IPStream) then the account gets downgraded to a PAYG dial-up account (because we've automated the report that comes in from BT to do this). If you migrate to an LLU ISP or cease teh broadband with us then the account is cancelled (because we don't have the automation in place).

If you let me know the username or call the support team they can change ity to PAYG for you.