cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you upload to two PAYG accounts via one BB Plus?

N/A

We are a family with two (separate) PAYG dial up accounts which we use independently. If we get broadband Plus on one of them will we be able to upload to both websites from the same broadband plus account even though one of them will still be a dial up payg account? (i.e. without having to dial in and therefore pay extra)?
4 REPLIES
N/A

Yes, this should be possible.
The requirement for uploading to PAYG accounts is simply that you are connected to PlusNet.
You can test this by connecting to one of your PAYG accounts and trying to upload to the webspace of the other and it should work.

Regards,
Andrew D Wiles
Community Veteran

You do however need to keep the dialup account active by either dialling in at least once every 3 months or access email accounts on it. If you don;t do this your dialup account will be automatically closed after 3 months. Accessing your dialup website via the web or via FTP is not enough to keep the account active.
N/A

Peter,
is that true for those of us on F9/FOL using PAYG accounts to post on the PlusNet forums?
Its not too much of a problem, I'm just curious if I need to add the PlusNet pop account to Thunderbird as well as my F9 one.
Community Veteran

The only thing that will keep a payg account active is to either dialup or access your mail. Accessing mail can be via a pop connection or webmail although I'm not 100% sure accessing via webmail will keep the account active in all cases as recent discussions have not made this clear.

So I suggest you add the pop accounts to thunderbird.