cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caller Display with Broadband?

N/A

I'm planning to sign up to Broadband Plus but have read that some Caller Display units will cease to work. Plusnet said "contact the manufacturer" and the manufacturer (Panasonic KXTCD515E) said "we can not guarantee that Caller ID will work with ADSL broadband." So it might or it might not!

I have two lines, voice on one and dial up on the other. I would like to keep the voice line with broadband and get rid of the second line, but absolutely not if caller display won't work. Presumably if I sign up for the voice line and broadband works but caller disply doesn't, I'll have to pay again (or pay the exit fee?) to get the second line used instead.

What are your caller display experiences? Please help! Thanks
8 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

It would be cheaper to find a phone that caller display works on than rent a second line. Or perhaps getting high quality filters might help, if you do have a problem.

It works for me at any rate - I got it a couple of weeks ago when I discovered you could get it free, and it works fine. I didn't actually know that there might be problems!

I've got a Samsung SP-R6100 phone.
N/A

Hi,

I have a BT Caller Display 2000 and haven't had any problems with it. As long as you use an ADSL filter where you connect the display (aswell as any other devices on the line) then I don't see why it shouldn't work.

I believe if you wanted to switch the ADSL to the second line, there would be another activation fee involved, but I'm not 100% sure on that one. Either way, it would probably be cheaper just to get another caller display unit that doesn't have a problem with ADSL.
Community Veteran

Some don't work with ADSL Sad

I have a CTT1000 that stops displaying the callers as soon as my router is switched on. It works fine if my router is off :?

On the other hand my cheep and cheerfull BT Freebie caller display still works fine.

So its seems a bit hit and miss I'm afraid.
N/A

I have a BT Synergy 2150 and my caller display works fine, apart from 1 in 20 calls may not display the name (never tested to see if this is fault).
N/A

Like Geoff, I went for it when BT offered it free recently.

Works fine on the Panasonic cordless phone. (Edit: It's the KX-TCD952EB)
Also works fine on the cheapo separate caller display unit (CD-1000) that I got for the phone that's by the PC rather than replace the old phone there.
N/A

I have a Panasonic KX-TCD705E DECT phone with caller dispaly and it works fine with the broadband on. I have another 2 phones with caller ID and they both work fine too. (Can't remeber make and model of these of hand) My Dad has a Panaconic DECT phone with caller ID and it works fine too.
Looks like most Panasonics seem to be okay.
N/A

I "now" have a motorla dect with answering machine, with caller display on it, not had any problems at all so far, and its nice to know that my work HASNT got the number witheld, so easy to ignore lol
Community Veteran

Its only very old models that wont work. Most are completely fine.

Chris