cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHANGES TO SERVICE AGAIN

N/A

CHANGES TO SERVICE AGAIN

Not getting any help from the support guys so can anyone answer WHY exactly I cannot post in any forums except this one.... yes I am on a FREE account and have been for 3 years or more.

I posted in the other forums 2 weeks ago fine... what changed?
51 REPLIES
N/A

CHANGES TO SERVICE AGAIN

Free accounts have never been able to post in forums other than the guest room (well, at least since it was made).

However, I can see you have posted elsewhere, which makes it strange.

Have you ever had a subscription account with PlusNet?

If so, your forum permissions may have been revoked during routine database maintenance.
N/A

CHANGES TO SERVICE AGAIN

Search my username for other posts please.
Community Veteran

CHANGES TO SERVICE AGAIN

My understanding is that free accounts can only post in the guest forum, unless one of the moderators gives full posting permissions.

You may have been granted this in the past.

With the recent problem on the forums, this may have been revoked by accident.

I suggest politely asking one of the moderators for full posting permissions.

Chilly
N/A

CHANGES TO SERVICE AGAIN

Hi... I pressed reply too quick there. I meant search through my other posts.

Yes I did used to have a full account but it appears strange that as soon as I am not praising PN they change my account I haven't had any other services with them for 3 years at least now.
N/A

CHANGES TO SERVICE AGAIN

As noted in my post, I already have.

If your going to continue to post in an impatient manner, then I am no longer willing to help.
N/A

CHANGES TO SERVICE AGAIN

As I said I pressed enter far too quickly before I read through it.

With everything that I have read in here recently I cannot help but feel that anyone who doubts the force of PN will have thier "rights" removed.

Is there anyway to find out who changed it?

:roll:
Community Veteran

CHANGES TO SERVICE AGAIN

Arrr listen to ye cap'n Phillip he be a fine pirate arrr
N/A

CHANGES TO SERVICE AGAIN

Unfortunatly not.

There has been recent problems with corruption to the database table, that deal with the permissions needed to access this forum, when you are a Free user.

As such, you record may have been lost during this.

Subscription accounts lost at this time, will have self-recovered due to the forum & portal design. Free account will not have.

Unfortunatly, we can no longer add free accounts, to grant them full access. This will leave you restricted to the guest forum unfortunatly.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and being unable to help further.
N/A

CHANGES TO SERVICE AGAIN

I did... was just a lil trigger happy on ye olde enter key!
N/A

CHANGES TO SERVICE AGAIN

How convenient !

As an ex staff member of Plusnet I find this to be a little how can I put it "far fetched" but hey lets blame BT...

:roll:

Just seems that the timing is convenient with me not been very complimentary about they way they are behaving.[/url]
Community Veteran

CHANGES TO SERVICE AGAIN

Unfortunatly not.

There has been recent problems with corruption to the database table, that deal with the permissions needed to access this forum, when you are a Free user.

As such, you record may have been lost during this.

Subscription accounts lost at this time, will have self-recovered due to the forum & portal design. Free account will not have.

Unfortunatly, we can no longer add free accounts, to grant them full access. This will leave you restricted to the guest forum unfortunatly.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news and being unable to help further.

[pirate mode off]

Phillip can I ask would this be why the forums can slow down so much at times? Also why is it now not possible to give free users full permssion, is it because of the db problems or just a new proceedure after beechpark?
N/A

CHANGES TO SERVICE AGAIN

Well I just raised a ticket on this and got a completely different answer from support so sorry and not pointing fingers but someone is telling porkies....
Community Veteran

CHANGES TO SERVICE AGAIN

arrgh I await ye cap'ns answer
N/A

CHANGES TO SERVICE AGAIN

Me neither :twisted: