cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Broadband Questions/Feedback

N/A

I am wondering if this service is also being governed by this policy.

I do not know exactly how much bandwidth my business uses on a monthly basis but I cannot afford to be stuck with those managements that are enforced if we do go over a limit.

If the above limit I linked to is not a part of that package I also linked to, is there any other policy I should be aware of that may cause my business broadband to be slower, limited or capped in anyway shape of form?

Also if there are any business broadband customers of PlusNet out there can you offer any feedback on their service for you so far.

Thanks in advance.
9 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

I am a business customer (on a couple of my packages anyway) and the SUP you have linked to does NOT cover Business Products.

HOWEVER, just like any ISP you go with it is subject to the Acceptable Use Policy in the Terms and Conditions which means they can restrict you if they deem it necessary for the integrity of the network, or if you are using the network in an unsustainable way.

To be honest, the limits are generous and only if your business is consistantly maxing out a connection are you going to run into problems in my opinion. It is very difficult to meet the limits imposed by the SUP and the limits for the Business Products if enforced at any stage should be higher given the higher price you (we) pay.
N/A

Thank you for your swift reply.

I dont think we are even using 20GB at the moment and I dont think anyone here will be using the 15GB capped Usenet service. Better to be safe than sorry though. Also in regard to:

100GB is equivalent to approximately 30,000 mp3 music tracks

I don't think there is even 3000 mp3s that are even worth downloading :lol: so I cant see us hitting that target. I was more worried about the peak time usage and nowhere on that page does it say Business customers or this business package is exempt.

The package states to include "Included .co.uk Domain" = "2". Am I correct in thinking that these are two .co.uk as in "www.'anything-you-want'.co.uk". Also is the Static IP something I must request or is that given automatically.

Thanks again.
Community Veteran

AFAIK the only package without static IP is broadband plus, which is a residential prodct not business.
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

The SUP page does state the accounts that it applies to, so it wasn't felt needed to state explicately that business is exluded.

Yes, the included .co.uk domain names can be anything-thats-available.co.uk and the business packages come with a static IP address as standard, so you don't need to request that.
N/A

Is there a different support setup for Business Broadband or will I be expected to use the same Support Service as Residential Broadband Users?

Also I believe I will incur a migration fee due to not being on the same BT contention ratio as the Business Package. But it states here that I need to know what BT connection product I am using at the moment and I am not entirely sure. It took me 20 minutes to get to talk to someone at my current ISP and I dont want to have to sit through that again to find out.

My speed is at 1MB pretty much all the time and I think I am on ADSL IPStream Home 1000. I remember having to call my current provider to have them push me up from 512K to 1MB, does this sound like the Home 1000 product?

It also says due to it changing contention ratio I incur a £14.99 fee and that it will take 5-7 days to regrade.

What it does not say is whether I will be offline for those 5-7 days or if I will still have use of my old ISP until PlusNet finish the re-grade. Any information on this is appreciated.

Thanks for the help.
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

The support systems are the same, however the majority of what you might need is available on the portal, and there's also the forums.

There will be a charge to change your line as part of the migration, as you are indeed on the Home 1000 product from BT. Though you'll initially be migrated into PlusNet on the same connection, and then the regrade will be carried out, so you'll have a full service from us during this time.
N/A

Excellent, thanks for all the help. Just awaiting my MAC now :roll:
N/A

Excellent, thanks for all the help. Just awaiting my MAC from my current ISP now :roll:
N/A

rubbish

:twisted: hi i am on £76.00 per month business and take it from me you get very slow downloads in the day time if you want to download anything big you have to do it at 2.30am if i was you i would not toch plusnet with a barg pole