cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Account Migration

N/A

Please accept my apologies for posting in the wrong forum but, under the circumstances, this appears to be my only remaining route for contacting Plusnet.

Having successfully migrated my Business account out I raised a ticket (1831516Cool to advise Plusnet of successful completion.

On 21/12/05 at 04:45 I received an email update that my ticket had been updated. When I attempted to login (between 05:00 and 05:30) I discovered that my portal access had been closed down. On attempting to access my Plusnet email I discovered that this service had also been closed.

I understood (from others' experience) that the policy was to downgrade migrating users to a PAYG service so that portal and email access remained. Is this not the case with business accounts or has something gone wrong?

I have to admit to being a bit miffed that I'm no longer able to monitor my old business email account for any contacts that I may have missed notifying of my migration.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

Can you give us your old username and we may be able to find out what has happened.
Community Veteran

Re: Business Account Migration

I understood (from others' experience) that the policy was to downgrade migrating users to a PAYG service so that portal and email access remained. Is this not the case with business accounts or has something gone wrong?

There are inconsistant reports on whether it is a policy for migrating clients and does not appear to be an automatic action on migrating out. Some have had it happen with no request made, and others have not had it happen even though it was requested. It is always preferable to inform PN that you want to downgrade the account but even then it does not always happen so there is no easy solution.

While it does not help your situation, it may help others in the process of migrating out who want to retain their accounts as a PAYG dialup.
prichardson
Grafter

Hi,

I have readded portal access in order for you to use the contact us system if you wish.

Kind Regards,
N/A

Hey I'm back (well sort of).

Thanks for that, at least I can check on that ticket now - I do worry about these things.