cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband 512 "advanced" specs

N/A

Thanks!

I was also wondering what kind of backup they offer incase of downtime? e.g. Do they offer free dial-up? or 0845?
Also what is the minimum contract period for migrations.

Thanks in advanve!

Adam
9 REPLIES
N/A

I am very interested in moving to PlusNet, I would like someone to direct me to some advanced specifications for the Broadband Home 512 account. All I seam to be able to get at the moment is a very small list of features and a sign up link, which I don't find very useful for "advanced" users.

What I mean by advanced specs is; number of mailboxes, number of aliases, newsgroup access, contention ratio, webspace, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Adam
N/A

Hmm, I'm not sure at the moment if there is a comprehensive list of account features. But I'll answer any questions I can here:

Number of Mailboxes: Unlimited
Number of Aliases: Unlimited (if by aliases you mean redirects?)
Newsgroup Access: Provided free
Contention Ratio: 50:1 on the Home 512 account
Webspace: 250mb of storage, and 250mb of bandwidth per day (about 7.5GB per month). Includes CGI (php compatible) space, shell access, and 1 MySQL database.

Any other questions, feel free to ask Smiley
Community Veteran

It's an 0845 number, so local call rate.

Are you migrating from another ADSL provider, if so it's 12 months AFAIK if you are taking advantage of the free migrations thing.

Chris
csogilvie
Grafter

1 Monthly contracts are available for migrations as well...
N/A

Sorry for the off topic post, but im happy Cheesy Ive just migrated from PIPEX, i should be on plusnet by Friday
N/A

Just to note, 0845 is not Local Rate, it's called Lo-call, as it does nto follow the same tarrif scheme as Local rate calls.

Even BT's standard pricing is a fraction dearer than local calls, and they do not qualify for inclusive or free talk-time.
N/A

Sorry for the off topic post, but im happy Cheesy Ive just migrated from PIPEX, i should be on plusnet by Friday

I am also thinking of moving from PIPEX, let me know how it goes. Also are the speed/load balancing problems sorted yet?

Adam
Community Veteran

Nope. I think an update on progress from PlusNet is due either tomorrow or early next week but there is no sign of a BT fix (even in testing) yet.
N/A

I hope they resolve these issues soon. I would like to move to PlusNet but I think it best to hold off untill these issues are fixed.

Adam