cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS

N/A

BIOS

Hi when i start my computer it always checkes the " NV RAM "and it takes ages to load. Is there anyway that i can disable this in the BIOS set up?if so where do i look as i have been through this loads of times and still can not see what i have to do,
P.S when i hit the Esc key when starting it will jump the checking of the NV RAM,I am also running windows XP Home
Many thanks.
12 REPLIES
N/A

BIOS

It depends on your bios, must most machines have a quick start feature within the bios or a quick/no ram check within the Bios.
N/A

BIOS

Ok thanks for your help i will try that next.
N/A

BIOS

no i still can not see where this is in the bios,i have looked every where.
N/A

BIOS

Are you able to tell me what bios you have? ie. Award and if possible the version number. I maybe able to lookup the screens it displays.
N/A

BIOS

It is an "Energy star" what version i do not now,
N/A

BIOS

"Energy star" is not the make, that simply means that your board complys with epa emmission regulations and energy efficiency etc.

Try looking again, usually the top or the bottom of the POST screen.

The option you want is usually called "Quick power on self test (POST)" or something along those lines, if you set that to enabled then it will skip the ram checks.
N/A

BIOS

Thanks for the info i will have another look.
N/A

BIOS

Is the quick power on self test (post) is this in the bios set up?
N/A

BIOS

Yes it would be.
N/A

BIOS

I still can not see this i have been through the bios set up loads of times now,i have nothing saying this or anything like it as i can see.
N/A

BIOS

Then it may not have the option to disable the ram check.

Aaron
N/A

BIOS

Ok thanks for your input on this matter i will just keep pressing the Esc key. All the best wishes.