cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB+ and ftp

N/A

BB+ and ftp

Bewildered by the lack of info on the performance to expect on ftp on BB+ I was about to sign up to eclipse, but it seems PN may have improved speeds.

Would someone post information (not market hype general nonsense) on the ftp speed in kb/sec I should expect on the BB+ package
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

BB+ and ftp

All speeds on BB+ are dependant on how many other BB+ users are online, what they are doing as far as downloading are concerned, what contention you have at your local exchange and the site you are downloading from so it is impossible to give a figure for what you are likely to get.

All I can say is it is better than it was last week and more changes are due to improve things further. Also when your billing date arrives, your profile will be changed as detailed in the vison for 2006 posts.
N/A

BB+ and ftp

Thank you for responding.

I read the vision, but am confused by your statement about 'profile changing' for BB+. The only profile I could see related to Premier. But I take the message that it will get better than now ? (Whatever than means in quantitative terms.).

Also, presumably the changes linked to my billing period means when I sign up rather than sometime later?

On the speed to expect in kB/s, while I appreciate your technical point, should I expect the order of 1kb/s, 10kb/s, 100kb/s etc
N/A

BB+ and ftp

Hi,
I've recently signed up to BB+ (2nd Dec 2005) and FTP speeds I'm getting with my externally hosted site range from these speeds:

0kbps - 2kbps

And the connection dies everytime I try to upload a 1kb file to my webspace.

I've raised a ticket about this to be told:
"The changes implemented to fix this FTP problem will take affect from your next billing date."

Now my next billing date is the 2nd Jan 2006! They didn't state what changes have been made or if they'll work!

So I now have to wait until the 2nd Jan to find out if FTP has been "fixed". If it hasn't been fixed I'm off to pastures new (Zen).

I'm surprised that the ficx couldn't have been implemented before my billing date.

This leaves me with no way of updating my website now, and it was advertised I could use FTP to do this, but apparently not!

Ho hum!
N/A

BB+ and ftp

Thanks.

Sadly I am beginning to think PN's 'smart comments' and unpreparedness to answer the question speaks volumes about their BB+ ftp service and them as a company. From your experience I can see why they would be evasive. From my perspective, I just wanted to know what I would be buying - and the relationship I would be committing too over the next 12 months. Very sad.
Community Veteran

BB+ and ftp

The PN reps don't post a lot in this forum tending to concentrate on the "community support" one further up the boards. However that is of little use to you seeing as you cannot post up there with the guest account.
N/A

BB+ and ftp

Any chance you could post in the Community Support forum pointing to this thread on our behalf then please?