cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation lead times since Sept 6th

hatchwarren
Dabbler

Just wondered how others were faring for new activations. I ordered on the 10th and PlusNet passed it out to BT the same evening. No news since - I know it says it can be 7-10 days, and it's only been 7, but I'd love to know how long I'm likely to have to wait - especially as I'm right on 60dB and just failed when the first extended reach came out!

By the way, under Contact Us a link is provided to the BT Order Tracker - but when I log on it asks me for the order number, which is not on any of the tickets so I'm not sure where I'm supposed to find it... Sad

Steve Adams
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

New ADSL ordered on 12th, activated on 20th and working well.

Try the following for orders:

https://www.cs-server1.bt.com/hhway-cls/com.bt.icm.opt.OptSummary?CUSNUM=xxxxxxxx&TELNUM=yyyyyyyy

CUSTNUM is on your BT bill, 2 letters and 8 numbers, and TELNUM is you full phone number including STD.
hatchwarren
Dabbler

Hmmm... yes, found my way to the order tracker solution, only to learn no order was in progress! Called PN and was told "hmmm, there's a problem with your order according to the BT database, you should have been told".

Anyway, no developments today so I phoned again - they now believe this means I can't get 1MB (not a huge surprise, but with the price being the same it was worth a go). Do BT automatically offer to go ahead and provide 512MB instead? No. Can PN request the existing order is modified to 512MB? No. A new order has to be placed, and I have to wait another week. Sigh. Remind me to set up a monopoly some time , it must be such fun not having to worry about providing any kind of customer service.

Steve Adams
jberry
Grafter

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately, if you cannot have 1M then it does not automatically fall back to 512 and we have to submit a completely new order - which means another 7-10 days unfortunately (this is just how the ordering system works).

Apologies that we did not pick this up quicker but with the workload at the moment proactive chasing is becoming more difficult.

Regards,
hatchwarren
Dabbler

Josh,

That's fine - no criticism of PN was intended there, it's just BT that I'm annoyed about!

Cheers,

Steve