cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADSL For Charities

N/A

ADSL For Charities

I am a volunteer for a charity and we make light use of the internet currently via PAYG. We can see benefits of 'always on'. Our telephone line is a business line from BT in the name of the charity.

What is the cheapest we could have broadband from plusnet 'legally' on a business line?

Thanks
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

ADSL For Charities

Will you actually be using the connection for business? i.e. do you currently use your dialup connection for business. If so then your only option is one of the business accounts but these tend to be more expensive that the equivalent home products.

You can access the business products and see what their costs are via the business button at the top. If you are a very low user then a 'lite' product with a pre-defined amount of download allowance may be what your after.

If this is just for browsing / email then a home account (broadband home lite) can still be put on a business line as long as you state it's not being used for business.
Community Veteran

ADSL For Charities

Charaties have always been classed as businesses in PlusNet's view, therefore if its a connection for a charity in a charaties premises its a business account only.

Chris
N/A

ADSL For Charities

Indeed. Whilst I was employed, we suffered from the same issue too.

There are very few if any ISPs that actualy cater for charities. These are normaly at standard rate terms or use cut-down feature packages.

We ended up opting for PlusNet anyhow, and not because it was my preferance (we could have chosen any), It was down to the fact my empoyer had an account with them and we could get 4 times the speed at half the cost of the package we where previously on.
N/A

ADSL For Charities

We are a charity as well and use Easynet.net on our main site and Plus.net on our smaller secondary site. Plus.net are cheaper and will end up giving a higher speed rating for considerably less money. Looking at the options of moving from Easynet to Plus.net. Only catch is that we are using the LLU Easynet switch... So no migration here. I'll have to have a line run into the site to cater for this. BUT it will mean no outage on my line... or so I hope...
N/A

ADSL for Charities

Thanks for the info.

Apart from the fact that it looks like the business products are about to be revamped...

I understand that teleworker is a business product. Does this mean that I can put it on a business line (it almost reads as if it's for people working from home rather than a business product?!).

Teleworker Lite 512 using 1GB would more than do us @ £13.61 + VAT and that's within our budget (just!)...