cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

512 or 1MB

N/A

512 or 1MB

Are there any disadvantages of opting for the 1mb over the 512K connection? Both start at £14.99 & i would naturaly assume everyone would opt for the fastert option......
Would it have any effect on the 1GB download limit, i.e. use more because it is faster?

thanks.
2 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

512 or 1MB

You would perhaps use the 1GB quicker on 1MB, but if you stick to the same things as you do on 512, I don't see it making a difference
N/A

512 or 1MB

The only real reason that I can think of for going for 512k rather than 1Mb is if you are in a situation like mine where you already know that you are a bit borderline and BT might reject the 1Mb order.

There is nothing in the BT process that allows PlusNet to tell BT "if it fails the line test for 1Mb, make it 512k instead", so the whole order has to be started all over again - which, I am fairly certain, would have happened with mine if I'd applied for 1Mb - with a consequent delay to your activation.

A minor point is that, if you find that the 1GB allowance is insufficient and step it up, the extra "per GB" price is very slightly higher on the 1Mb package - but a difference of 25p would not have put me off!