cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

49 hours later

N/A

49 hours later

Ok. One of your moderators banned me from these forums for a period of 48 hours. The email notifying me was received at one minute to nine on November 4th - which is almost 49 hours ago.

Username is rocksoft. Anyone care to lift the ban now or has it been extended without notice?
8 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

49 hours later

Just to note, the moderators are not here at your beck and call. You will be unbanned in due course once procedure has been followed.
N/A

49 hours later

rocksoft.

I have emailed your postmaster account and your registered email address.

Once your reply has been received and you agree to the contents of the mail your ban will be lifted.

Look forward to hearing from you.
N/A

49 hours later

Well that is an outrageous statement. I asked a civil question - does anyone care to lift the (overdue) ban or has it been extended without notice?

Another few civil questions:

1. What was wrong with the question?
2. What prompted your 'beck and call' stance?
3. Does the very fact that I was banned in the first place makes me scum worthy of your dismissal in such a fashion?

and finally,

5. Procedures were in place to ban me for 48 hours - why aren't they in place to ensure such bans are lifted on time?
LiamM
Grafter

49 hours later

As far as I am concerned the matter is closed and your ban is being dealt with by email. Should you respond acknowledging and accepting the points then your ban will be lifted.

We have lives outside of the forums too. The attitude which resulted in your ban was not appreciated by any of the mods and was not beneficial to the community as a whole. We're hardly going to clockwatch your reinstatement.

Furthermore, I would strongly suggest you have a read through the forum guidelines and change your attitude. A subsequent ban would be for one month.
LiamM
Grafter

49 hours later

As a further note, making further posts in the Guest forum is a contravention of your initial ban in the first place. Mark isn't going to wait around all night for an email reply, so if you wish to be unbanned, i would suggest you get on the case and respond to him ASAP.
N/A

49 hours later

N/A

49 hours later

Can I just point out - that was not me that just posted that!

rocksoft
LiamM
Grafter

49 hours later

You can, and I knew as all messages are IP logged.

You are now unbanned, welcome back. Mark has gone to give his lady some deserved attention, but you can expect a reply to your lengthly email to him tomorrow.