cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd adsl line

N/A

2nd adsl line

Cheesy i have 1 plusnet line and 1 bulldog line due to problems with bulldog i am looking to move to another isp on that line
i asked plusnet if they could link the lines for me if i put 2nd one with them they cannot do this for around 6 months
does anyone one know if i can do this myself and what i need also will it help my surfing and gaming any
at the moment i have a router and 2 pc's on plusnet 1 meg /256 20-1
and my own pc on another 1 meg/256 20-1 line
is there any aadvantage to linking these as 1 big line 2 meg/512 20-1 :?:
4 REPLIES
N/A

2nd adsl line

Couldn't you just get one 2Mb connection from PN?
N/A

2nd adsl line

the 2 meg only gives 256 up i was looking for 512 up
and wondered if it would improve my surfing and gaming ain any way as i would be uploading twice as fast :?:
Community Veteran

2nd adsl line

Your unlikely to see any improvements as most online games don't max out your 256K connection anyway. You will only get benefits if you are hosting games or have a gameserver yourself which requires a lot more upload bandwidth.

As most surfing requires more download than up, going for a 2Mb line will speed that aspect up.
N/A

2nd adsl line

You can do this yourself, there is some linux stuff available or you will need a high end and expensive router
The safest option would be to go with one of the ISP that support 'ADSL Bonding' such as Nildram, I note that the costs is more than 2 seperate lines.

There is a guy here that has done that http://www.freestuffjunction.co.uk/bondedadsl.shtml