cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will FTTdp cost more?

tony4384
Dabbler

will FTTdp cost more?

Sorry about the capitals on the title  last may the BT outreach guy said he had our road scheduled for fibre to the pole about this time of year.
as the  line to the pole is for phone and any broadband and allowing for an increase in line rental will plusnet be charging extra for the  faster speed assuming we keep to our present speed package?
Tony
7 REPLIES 7
AndyH
Grafter

Re: will FTTdp cost more?

Do you mean FTTP?
Where about's in the country are you?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

I'm not sure when they're going to roll it out in honesty. Sad
Even then, I'm not sure when I'll be able to learn to provision it. We don't have any plans to.
My apologies for this.
@Andy - http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2013/07/a-look-at-future-fibre-to-the-distribution-point-broadb...
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
funderbird
Hooked

avatastic
Grafter

From what I've read about FTTdp it should cost no different to FTTC and have the same install requirements.
In a FTTdp set up there is essentially a mico-FTTC cabinet on the pole and the wire from the pole to your master socket stays the same.
It looks like it's only been used as part of the vectoring trials however - http://www.btplc.com/News/Articles/ShowArticle.cfm?ArticleID=1F647C20-6F61-4E0F-A545-E23443E128AB
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Quote from: funderbird
http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/products/pricing/loadProductPriceDetails.do?data=0WyIM7tTGGgucFf0dXUIWK4XSAplAmgrRZNg5Pk%2B5%2F%2BkRgB7BL4KNYn%2FlKx2YB4Qe6YShZ82RgLO%0AGLsH2e9%2Bmw%3D%3D

That appears to refer solely to FTTPoD - the thread topic is FTTdp ...  Wink
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Hi,
At this stage we have no idea what an FTTdp product will look like in terms of price, speed, etc. all I can really say is keep eye on places like ISPReview and this forum, if we have any news then we'll post here. With it being copper between the DP and the end user property, then in the home the setup should be straightforward enough. I'm looking forward to hearing more and if Openreach are reading happy to volunteer my area for testing Smiley
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
avatastic
Grafter

As no doubt you have Dave, I've heard all sorts of rumours about the equipment being developed, such as a mini cab to sit on top of distribution poles, modems that can go in the underground junction boxes, and the like.
Basically at the last join between the consumer and the network, because it's either that or deploying FTTP for blazing fast speeds to keep the UK broadband network on a par with the rest of the world.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)